It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

lilixd HB User
how do i tell my boyfriend his penis stinks

We've been together for a while, I always felt [that] horrible smell but I tried putting up with it... [and just] dealing with it.. he gets very sensitive [when talking about anything about] our sexual live so its kinda hard to even mention any odors. I don't want to discourage him or make him stop having sex. But i can't deal with it any more. I like to keep clean and often the smell tranfers inside me... uhh its gross so I shower right away.. I've tried giving him all kinds of hints, [and] even showerin together, everything I could think of, but the problem still persists. I doubt is a medical issue i [just] don't think he's cleaning right.. help.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-02-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Please type using full words not slang short forms. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: how do i tell my boyfriend his penis stinks

This may or may not be a medical problem. If he has a gardnerella infection, that would cause it to stink. It's the same bacteria which causes bacterial vaginosis in women.
He could have a little leaking pre-ejaculate or semen which is breaking down. That would smell like fish. In that case, you need to be honest, and tell him that you would prefer that he wash before you have sex. His semen breaking down in you would cause the same temporary fishy smell.
Whatever the case is, you need to be honest with him. Otherwise, what kind of a relationship are you going to have? If it were me, I would rather know that I smelled bad, and be able to do something about it, than to know that I was offending the nose of someone I cared about. Genitalia is designed to have a scent which is attractive to others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User
Re: how do i tell my boyfriend his penis stinks

..that's really a tough situation to face when you really care about someone. When I was with my wife I had the same problem. Her vagina smelled rancid. You figure certainly they are bound to know, but then you wonder. It was so bad at times I could hardly stand to have sex with her. I could not find a way to tell her without embarrasing or humiliating her so I didn't tell her.

We were married for many years, divorced now, but it wasn't until the last several years of the mariage I told her, and then it was in the heat of an argument where she put me down for not giving her oral sex. That was where in anger I told her. She began douching thereafter and never had the problem again.

I always believed her mother didn't teach her proper feminine hygeine as a young girl.

If your boyfriend has an uncut penis that is most likely the problem. He's probably not retracting his foreskin and washing underneath. It's the same principle as not brushing your teeth, cleaning your tongue or washing your mouth out.

If you can, very gently ask him if he retracts his foreskin when he washes. I bet that is the issue.

Luck.

-h

Closed Thread