It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2002, 06:09 PM   #1

Jennifer00 HB User
Family Planning??? HELP!

Hey,
I gotta question, I cant find ANY family planning centers near me... Is there any where else to get birth control without a parens consent? Please help!

Old 04-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Family Planning??? HELP!

Try looking in the phone book under Women's health clinics. Or you can try calling a local WIC office and see if they can help you locate a place which can help you.
<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 04-13-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2002, 05:16 PM   #3

Jennifer00 HB User

THanks! i tried the number and there are no clinics with in 50 miles of where I live.... i dunno why I mean near Panama City (spring break town) and Pensacola which should have sumthin.... I called a few places in the phone book but they said they dont do that.... any suggestions?

Old 04-09-2002, 07:40 PM   #4
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Well you can see your regular doctor. If you do this he/she CAN NOT tell your parents why you were there. You can get your pap exams done and get a prescription for birth control without your family having to know why you were there.
The ways you can go about that is talk to your mother that you are experiencing pain and you are worried and want to see your doctor. Or say that you are having a discharged and again you are worried and want to see your doctor. Or you can say that your periods are being strange and you would like to talk to your doctor about it. Then when you get in to see the doctor explain why you are really there. Trust me they have heard it all and will be understanding.

Old 04-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #5

Jennifer00 HB User

thanks.... the only prob is i cant talk to my family..... the only person i can talk to right now is my mom but she now lives 6 hours away... so.... and my doc is a pain in the *** ... aka family friend.... so...

Old 04-10-2002, 05:19 PM   #6

~mandy~ HB User

It doesn't matter if the doc is a family friend. Legaly he has no right to tell anybody anything about you without your consent or a court telling him to do so. You can go see him and before you tell him anything ask if he is going to keep it confidential. You have a right to privacy. I know here (canada) the doctor will not disclose any information to your parents without your consent.

Old 04-12-2002, 09:59 PM   #7

Jennifer00 HB User

Damn thats prettty cool.... and truthfully i could never talk to the FAM doc bout that..... hed get on my case and itd bug me..... so.... i dunno..... but thats still cool....

Old 04-12-2002, 11:26 PM   #8

isab3LLa HB User

i know this may sound weird, but there are a few abortion clinics that offer birth control pills.. well the one i went to was sort of a private clinic. it's also a gyno clinic so you can go in for pap smears and stuff.. they offered me 6 month supply of free birth control pills when i have my pap smear done over there and after those 6 months, i have to get a prescription good enough for another 6 months.. anyone have an idea how much pap smears cost? having an unltrasound is $50! didn't think it would cost that much.

Old 04-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #9

jennifer122202 HB User

Hi Jennifer
You mentioned that you lived somewhere between Panama City and Destin, (don't post where you live though! ha!) I just went halfway between and looked up Fort Walton area or Okaloosa County (my parents live near there). In the yellow pages there is a listing for the Okaloosa County Health Dept. phone: 833-9247. No matter what county you live in, there is a health department, so look in your yellow or white pages, it will be listed under your county name + "Health Department" or "WIC" or something like that. They provide free birth control, check ups, and will answer all of your questions. They cannot tell your parents unless you give them permission. I hope this helps. The ideal would be to wait, but if you're going to do it, be protected at least.

Old 04-18-2002, 08:31 PM   #10

Jennifer00 HB User

thanks so much! well i dont know if im gonna do it now... but im most likly gonna wait till im atleast 16... but just incase.... better be safe than sorry...

------------------
~*~Jen~*~

Closed Thread