It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
(male)

Jallus HB User
Circumcision questions

I've been circumcised since birth, and I'm 17 now. I feel a little uncomfortable with my penis because of the scar that the circumcision left. It's not like an ordinary scar, the best way I could describe it is that it's "3D." It looks sort of like dimples of excess skin poking out in a wave pattern along where my foreskin must've been severed. It's fairly minor, and considerably harder to detect when I have an erection. Is this a frequent occurrence with circumcision scars? Is there anything I could do to help make it look more "normal?"

Another (seemingly unrelated) problem is that there are "creases" underneath the head of my penis on the left and right sides. To be more detailed, there's sort of a natural crease where the head separates from the shaft, but on the left and right sides, there's skin irritation near this crease. They've been there ever since I can remember, and it appears to be dead skin similar to the kind that appears on your big toes around your toe nail, where it feels callous and rough, and looks white. It's never caused me any pain at all, never appears to be infected, etc. It's more of a cosmetic issue, it looks like.

It's hard to describe, but if anyone thinks they know anything that would shed some light on either subjects, I would be very appreciative.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Circumcision questions

There are many different ways to perform a circumcision. Depending on the method used on you will determine the shape of the scar and the end results. Since your scar is a "wave pattern," you probably had a "freehand" procedure where the doctor just used scissors and forceps. This is a common method for circumcision and many guys have an irregularly shaped scar from it. The only time the scar will be "perfect" is if certain types of circumcision tools are used or the doctor does an extremely precise job.

It is hard to tell what the creases are that you are referring to. If you are curious about it, do not be afraid to ask your doctor the next time you see him or her. As embarrassing as the question may seem to you, it is perfectly normal to most general practitioners.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread