It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
(male)

ERpiguy HB User
"The Talk"?

Just looking for some insight on something that has been wracking my brain for a bit now. I'm an ER tech taking care of my younger brothers, and the youngest are 18 now while I'm 31. They've never really been given 'the talk' about sex and stuff, but I feel like they should. I have no doubt that they know about it, but it could be stuff they're getting from friends or the internet and what not. They're not open about anything, and even though we have a good relationship, they don't really talk to me about anything like that. I'm just curious if there are any ideas as to how to approach it, or any 'techniques' in particular. Thanks in advance! It's not always easy not being a technical parent of teenagers haha.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
(female)

katifoxx120 HB User
Re: "The Talk"?

I am an 18 year old girl, honestly, if they are male, they would take the humor approach the best. What my mother did for my older brother was she threw condoms at him one day. I am sexually active, and they probably are too. "The Talk" is a really stupid way to talk to teens, just be nonchalant and ask them about their love lives or something. Then if they talk to you about it don't freak out and tell them that they should be careful, they know all that, they know not to be stupid, and it will just make them not want to talk about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
(male)

ERpiguy HB User
Re: "The Talk"?

Cool, thanks for your insight. I was considering the joke method, but I was worried that they might get too much of an impression that it's a joke. They're good guys, and definitely smart but they're teenagers nonetheless haha.

Closed Thread