It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
(male)

confusedteen03 HB User
Red face penis foreskin problem

i am a teen boy an cannot pull back the foreskin of my penis over the glans. i am not sure if this is phimosis or frenulum breve. i cannot pull back the foreskin when flaccid, and when erect, the foreskin covers almost all of the glans. the foreskin can definitely not be pulled back all the way the opening (?) is definitely too small. i also see the frenulum is holding the foreskin and it does seem to be too short.
when i am masturbating, rather than running my hand up and down my shaft, i run it over the shaft and the head with a closed fist (on every downstroke, my thumb "slams down" on the foreskin-covered meatus).
because of my age, id rather not go see a doctor yet or mention this to my family. my questions are:
-is this phimosis or frenulum breve or both??
-is this normal for my age or is it not supposed to be happening.
-what can i do to "treat" this?

ps: i am uncircumcised (obviously) and do not want to be circumcised or have the other operation in which they create a little incision on the foreskin. i can ejaculate without any problems that i can tell.
please help,
confusedteen03

Last edited by confusedteen03; 02-06-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: penis foreskin problem

The most likely cause of your issue is phimosis. All it means is that the opening of the foreskin is too small to allow the skin to be pulled back. There are ways of stretching the opening without the need for surgery. If you look around, there is a whole section on this site about stretching the foreskin. Many people have recommended it.

To answer your other questions, you could have a problem with your frenulum too but it is probably not the cause unless you can see or feel that it is tight. Phimosis is not something that happens to every guy but it does happen. Age is really not a factor at this point. It will most likely not go away without you either stretching the skin or having a doctor treat it. Some guys have it treated, some leave it alone, and some do not even know they have a problem.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bob652 For This Useful Post:
confusedteen03 (02-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
(male)

confusedteen03 HB User

thank you for the reply.
I am now sure that this is phimosis, but I still remain unsure about my frenulum: I still think it is too short... in any case, I will begin stretching the foreskin and look into such threads on this forum.
thanks again,
confusedteen03

Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User

You are welcome. I really hope you are able to figure this out. Although tight frenulums occur, I have not heard of one so tight that it keeps the foreskin from retracting at all. It may be possible but I do not remember reading about it. In general, a tight frenulum will cause the glans (head of the penis) to move down as it is pulled back by the frenulum. Since the foreskin stretches so much, the frenulum does not usually have the ability to hold everything there tightly. If you do think that something besides a small opening in the foreskin is holding everything in place, there is a possibility that the skin did not completely release from the glans when you were a child.

As we are born, the foreskin is directly attached to the glans. Sometime in early childhood, the two tissues separate and allow the foreskin to move freely. In some cases, this does not happen without a doctor assisting it. This is usually caught earlier but it is still a possibility for you.

Once again though, phimosis is the most common cause of what you are complaining of so I would start reading about that first.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Please do try my stretching instructions. They are a sticky near the top of the Men's health Board.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=178155
Cheers,
Geoff

Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 AM   #6
(male)

bryan95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob652 View Post
The most likely cause of your issue is phimosis. All it means is that the opening of the foreskin is too small to allow the skin to be pulled back. There are ways of stretching the opening without the need for surgery. If you look around, there is a whole section on this site about stretching the foreskin. Many people have recommended it.

To answer your other questions, you could have a problem with your frenulum too but it is probably not the cause unless you can see or feel that it is tight. Phimosis is not something that happens to every guy but it does happen. Age is really not a factor at this point. It will most likely not go away without you either stretching the skin or having a doctor treat it. Some guys have it treated, some leave it alone, and some do not even know they have a problem.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck to you.
Hi i have the same problem as confusedteen03 the foreskin of my penis suddenly folded up by itself ... how can i get it back to position ? it hurts when i try to push it back

Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

If you mean it's stuck behind the head that's serious. First soak in a warm bath if you can. Then squeeze the head hard to force the blood of the erection out and ease the skin forward again. If it's still stuck and erect after an hour or two of trying, you need to see a doctor or go to emergency fast.
If it isn't stuck or it goes back again to its normal position. Rest it for a few days and then try my stretching instructions.
Good luck,
Geoff

Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
(male)

bryan95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff B View Post
If you mean it's stuck behind the head that's serious. First soak in a warm bath if you can. Then squeeze the head hard to force the blood of the erection out and ease the skin forward again. If it's still stuck and erect after an hour or two of trying, you need to see a doctor or go to emergency fast.
If it isn't stuck or it goes back again to its normal position. Rest it for a few days and then try my stretching instructions.
Good luck,
Geoff
Thank You So Much FOr Your Help I went to see the doctor immediately instead and now im fine . Thank you again for responding : )

Closed Thread