It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

leetara HB User
First time sex

I am a virgin with no sex experience. I think my partner is ready for sex but i am concerned about my ability to have sex as i have cerebral palsy. How do i find out what might be possible for me? I know birth control is a concern but am not sure where to go with my disability and sex issues... My previous doctor kind of hedged on the sex question and i came home feeling like i had no business asking about sex as a disabled woman.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: First time sex

Find a different doctor. Everyone has the right to a sex life, disabled or not.

So long as you aren't allergic to latex, condoms are a decent option. If you have circulatory issues, BC pills might not be a good plan.

Assorted disability advocacy organizations have published information about sex. Take a look around.

But ultimately, the best way to find out what's possible for you is just to try. And if it's awkward the first time, well, it's awkward the first time for most of us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I agree with Jane. As long as you have a willing partner, are patient, and have a little fun with it, then by all means, give it a try!

Having a tube of female lubricant would be a good thing to have handy, just in case you need it. It can add to the ease of entry, and comfort of both of you.

Enjoy!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
(female)

leetara HB User

thanks for the suggestions. So far we have not tried sex but we have had really good getting to know each other. We have been exploring each other without intercourse and i so far have been very comfortable.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

leetara HB User

Have the lube and condoms ready and think I am ready to see how I respond to sex. My partner is ready to be supportive and doesn't want me to do any thing I am not comdortable with. I have also made and appointment with a female Doc-my first time with a female doctor recommended by a friend

Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

You have the right attitude, that's for sure! It is wonderful that you have the right man to share this special time with.

Without being nosy, we would love to hear how things go, your experience will likely have a very positive outcome that will be inspirational to others who may be struggling with the same issues.

While there are just a few that jump in and post, there are lots of people reading along, and your courage will help others.

Enjoy!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
(female)

leetara HB User

HI
All the suggestions have really spurred me onward to lookat myself and be sure that I am ready for sex! I saw the Female Doc today and she was great...the exam was embarassing with all the questions but she was able to suggest some positions that might make sex easier for me. I am no longer worried about pain...I guess I just wanted the first time to be good for my partner too. He has more EXPERIENCE than I. We have a date tonight and I have a feeling i may be ready for more than talking and foreplay. The doctor feels I am capable of having a satisfying sex life as long as I don't expect too much of myself the first time. i would encourage all women with sex issues to find a doctor who really wants to listen to concerns.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
(male)

Randy12345678 HB User

Doctor are there to answer all questions, howeve some only specialize in certain areas. A person that you might want to talk is a gynecologist. The only problems that I've heard of is locking up. I'm actually on looking for a problem that I'm have with my 20 yr old CP son. But your problem isn't really that big of a problem. I know two other girls that have CP that are successfully having relationship and they have learned to get around that. Your. Partner whom ever that might be needs to understand certain guide lines, and hopefully they're mature enought to understand. Good luck!!

Closed Thread