It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

Kandikid HB User
Some issues I have with my lady parts...

I am quite embarrassed to be typing this and am just shy.... Anyways, so here is my issue:

I have a septate hymen. And I know there are a lot of topics on here about them, but I wanted to start my own thread.
I am a virgin still, but feel like I am ready to have sex. But my hymen freaks me out. I am very "tight" down there and am worried his penis won't fit. I can use tampons without a problem (only once have I had a tampon get caught on my hymen). But I feel like it won't stretch much further past the size of a tampon.

So are there any surgical procedures out there? I could do it myself I guess, but I don't want to risk it as I know it is dangerous.

What should I do?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-03-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Some issues I have with my lady parts...

First-please do not doing any cutting on yourself. If you nick a blood vessel-and there are many around that area-you could bleed and that would be worse.

Second, are you sure you have a septated hymen? If you are positive, I would make an appointment at your GYN and have her take care of it.It's usually done in the doctor's office.

Get into your doctor and get this taken care of so it won't bother you any more. And don't be shy about making the appointment and seeing a doctor. This is there field and they see things like this all the time, so it isn't a reason to be upset. Better you get it taken care of than to worry and be upset about it. Hang in there, you can make it through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
(female)

Kandikid HB User

Yeah, I wasn't planning on doing any cutting my my hymen on my own. That sounds scary, dangerous and painful. I wouldn't want to risk seriously injuring myself.

I talked to my mom about it last night and I am going to be going into the doctor to get birth control soon anyways, so I am going to bring it up with my doctor and see what she thinks.

I am really irritated that you are supposed to wait 6 to 10 weeks for it to heal before doing any serious physical activity. I am a horseback rider and am about to start leasing a new horse. I want to be riding 3 or 4 times a week, but this is going to make it a bit difficult. I will probably end up being a bad child and will end up riding once a week until for the first 6 weeks. Bad idea, I know, but oh well, life will go on.

Thanks for the reply!!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Well, perhaps the riding would take care of the problem for you and you wouldn't need the doctor? I have heard that it often happens to girls who ride... And about the wait. This is a surgical proceedure in a very delicate area. You do NOT want to go against the orders until you are fully healed. Riding only puts pressure on the very area that doesn't need it. If you don't heal right because you were 'naughty" , you may end up doing more harm than good. And you don't want to damage that area as it could have last repercussions..... This is one of those times where ther may be a valid reason for the restriction.... and how lucky about the horse!

Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
(female)

Kandikid HB User

I have been riding seriously for the last 5 years, so I don't think it will take care of my problem. ): You are probably right about possibly (probably) doing more harm than good. I will figure things out... Hehe.
I saw the doctor yesterday and am getting my birth control sometime this weekend. She gave me the numbers for a few gynecologists, so I will be contacting them this coming week hopefully. I finally told my mom about the concerns I have with my hymen, she said she was "proud" of me for doing all the research I did.... Yeah, talk about awkward. LOL!

I am still a little worried about it, but I feel better now that I have a few people to call.

So am I the only one who wants to have a female gynecologist? I can't imagine having a male doctor messing around down there.... The only guy I want down there is a boyfriend. Tehehe!! ;P

Closed Thread