It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
(male)

Anon55 HB User
Small rash on penis

I have a small rash, about the size of a pea(not shaped like it though), on my penis that has been there for over a year. It is DEFINITELY not an STD, because I haven't had any form of sex. I am 15 and circumsized.

It's on the underside of the head of my penis, just above the rim, and slightly towards the left.

It doesn't hurt or itch or anything, it's just there. The only time it hurts is when I swim for about a week, the mesh stuff in swim trucks will rub it raw and it'll start hurting. I figure it's there from masturbating.

I masturbate about once a day, but I haven't for 3 days and counting. I figure it hasn't been able to heal up because of my masturbation habits. I did see a doctor for this thing a long time ago, he gave me some kinda cream and it didn't help it. Not sure if it was b/c I kept masturbating or b/c the cream. He called it a skin irritation, if that helps.

What I'm going to try to do is not masturbate and start using that cream again till it heals up.

The reason I'm posting is I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this sort of thing, or knows how to speed up the healing. I'd also like to know if I'm right about it being due to masturbation.

Last edited by Anon55; 03-15-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Small rash on penis

Your plan sounds reasonable. The skin needs time to rebuild itself. If you keep messing with it, you rub off the new skin that is trying to grow. If it does not get better after using the cream and holding off on masturbation, you may want to go back to the doctor and let him know that it is still not better.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
(male)

Anon55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob652 View Post
Your plan sounds reasonable. The skin needs time to rebuild itself. If you keep messing with it, you rub off the new skin that is trying to grow. If it does not get better after using the cream and holding off on masturbation, you may want to go back to the doctor and let him know that it is still not better.

Good luck to you.
Well, I had a physical yesterday and I had my doctor look at it. He said it looks like a scar that is close to healing up.

While I trust my doctor, I'm not entirely sure it's a scar, because it sounds to me like it would hurt (which it doesn't) if it was a scar.

I'm convinced it's a skin irritation, but is there any chance it could be a male yeast infection? The reason I don't think it is, is because I can see where it's trying to heal up, and I don't think I'd be like that with a yeast infection. But I really can't distinquish between the two, because I've read descriptions online of people with the same issue as me and some will call it a skin irriation, while some people say it's a male yeast infection. Some clarification on the differences between the two would be nice.

I've managed to cut back on masturbation a little, but I honestly don't think I can go without masturbating for a significant portion of time. That, and I'm 100% sure that I can't avoid getting multiple erections in a day.

I'm starting to think that my only cure would be to tape my hands behind my back and wear a blindfold for a month.

That being said, is there anything I can do to stop myself from masturbating for a month? Because I think that's the only way it will heal up, and if that doesn't work, IDK what will.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User

I know it is hard to avoid masturbation at your age but it is the best thing for you to do right now. I would suggest trying to avoid it as much as possible until you are healed. If you cannot avoid it, try to avoid rubbing the irritated area and also try to avoid stretching that part of the skin.

Good luck.

Closed Thread