It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
(male)

IamaTripod HB User
Unsure about 'Clap' in a female

Okay, Theres this girl which likes me i am 16 she wants to go out with me but there are rumors from alot of people saying she has 'clap', a good friend of mine and of hers told me she just went for test and it was negative, iam really shy so i couldnt ask her about that i would like to know what exactly is 'clap' and also if i used a condom would i be 100% protected from it?

Thanks, Mark.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Unsure about 'Clap' in a female

Clap is an old school venereal disease, Gonorrhea. Back in the day we only had two diseases to worry about, one being clap the other being syphilis, a much more dangerous and deforming disease.
With gonorrhea, in women there can be no symptoms at all, ... while in men it can cause pain on urination. Without treatment it can spread throughout your body, eventually landing in your heart.

The clap was very prevalent in the the 40's-70's. I have not honestly heard of it being around in years, but anything is possible.

I would advise you to wait until you find a girl without such a reputation, but if you do choose to go out with this girl, make sure you have an open line of communication and see results of a negative test for sexually transmitted diseases. Definitely always use a condom, no mater what.

It would be too bad if this was simply mean comments from others, but the most important thing is to protect yourself at all costs. You have a long life ahead, and keeping yourself free of STD's is very important.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

The Clap does mean Gonorrhea. However, these days I've seen/heard it used for any number of STDs. The most common STD is Chlamydia. I've heard the word "clap" used when someone meant Chlamydia.

It is probably just a rumor and if she did have it, she was probably treated with anti-biotics and now it is gone.

But, you don't know that. When you have sex with someone, anyone, even someone who has a stellar reputation, you don't know if she has an STD or not. That's the problem. Therefore, you should always use a condom.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

First of all, rumors that people start about people in high school have very little to do with truth and more to do with just trying to hurt people for some reason or another. Majority of the time, those rumors are either outright lies or they are something that has the smallest grain of truth that got embellished to something totally not even close to what really happened.

If I were you, I'd stop listening to rumors that kids make up about each other and make up your own mind after you get to know someone.

I remember when I was in high school, the boys used to tease each other by saying that one of them has "the clap". It was stupid then and it's stupid now. I wouldn't listen to it.

Last edited by Tivo123; 03-31-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Just reading the last three responses, you can tell what little meaning this word can have.

The advise about not listening to any of this kind of nonsense is perfect.

Closed Thread