It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
(male)

TKHawke HB User
Thoughts about being girl

I'm a young teen male and for years I've always thought about what it would be like to be a girl. Even when I play video games I mostly go for ones that you can make a female character just to make a really cute one. I admit sometimes it can seem like I just obsess over the female body but when I do have female characters in games I always imagine being the cute character I made. In fact online games are the one place I can act how I really want to on occasion and pass of as being a girl to others. My handwriting is girlie and I've always loved looking at girls clothing and imagining wearing some of the outfits(as a girl. not wearing them as a guy). When my brother's girlfriend is over and she's watching some bride show where they're picking dresses I'm always sitting right there with her talking about which ones are cute and stuff just like she does. There have also been many times where I want to act like a girl but I don't because family or friends are around. Sometimes I do act like a girl in front of friends but make it out to be like a joke and they laugh though some of my friends that are girls said I was good enough to pass as one if I looked the part(and of course higher voice pitch). This stuff is like constantly on my mind even during school I'll drift off into a daydream about being a girl. I'm not necessarily into guys sexually but when I think about being a girl I do imagine being with a guy or usually another girl. I know there's sex change surgeries and such but I know better than to think about doing that stuff already, I mean I'm not even 18 yet and it's probably better to look more into it when I'm older and had more time to really think about this like around 20 at earliest. I've always wanted to talk about this with someone but I know my dad won't understand since when I talk to him about other problems he's not much help and just kind of goes in circles around the subject but never really gives support or advice, I'm afraid to tell my best friend whom I've known all of my life (he's like a second brother to me), my brother is out too because I know he'll listen even less than my dad and I'm even too embarrassed/nervous to tell my cousin and we usually talk to each other about everything. Can anyone give me some advice on my situation please?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Thoughts about being girl

Hello, and welcome to the HealthBoards.

First of all, I commend you for using this place as your first step to get your feelings out and then seeing them in print... Often times just the act of organizing your feelings enough to explain yourself can be enough to help you understand thoughts that up until now have been full of mystery for you.

Although I am not a person who shares your interest in trying out life as the other sex, I am a person who is open to other peoples interests and lifestyles without prejudice or judgment. I have a son your age, so I am particularly interested in things going on in your age group and beyond.

I hope you will find others here who share your interests, as you are definitely not alone in all this...I also agree with your thoughts about the time you have to think about this, before you have to do anything. I wish you the very best...both now and in the future.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
(male)

TKHawke HB User

Thanks for the welcome. I've been nervous about posting online because a lot of places don't exactly have he kindest of people leaving the kindest comments. It's nice to get the feeling that this place has some understanding people like you and not a bunch of people that like to leave hateful replies simply because they think it's wrong.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

It is great to hear that! When I came here, it was my first attempt at any message board type site, so I must have been very lucky to have stopped here first. I was also in a very delicate place in my life, so having to "fight my way in" would have been devastating to me. I had 4 strokes at 43, had kidney failure, and an heart attack and still could not type, or even think clearly, I still was not driving, taking care of myself and my son, and even grocery shopping was impossible to me.

I came here seeking support and information for strokes, and I got that...and so much more! I have made life long friends here that I treasure, and have learned so much about myself, how lucky I am, and what positive rewards come with reaching out to others who need our help. We all have something to offer...as many folks come here just wanting to know that they are not alone in their situations.

So, the negative feedback you have encountered other places, will not happen here. Not to say that we always agree on everything, we don't. But we can agree to disagree, without being nasty...not a problem.

With that, I welcome you...In the next few days I imagine you will have some though provoking responses to your thread and I expect sensitive replies.

Last edited by writeleft; 04-09-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
(male)

Durden4444 HB User

I think some of it depends on whether you're attracted to women or to men. It sounds to me as though you could be gay, but if you're attracted to women, maybe you just fantasize about being a girl because you want their body.
You're not alone in the video game thing either. Almost all of my characters on World of Warcraft are women, and my brother's as well. I'm not sure what it is, I just think they look better.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
(male)

TKHawke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden4444 View Post
I think some of it depends on whether you're attracted to women or to men. It sounds to me as though you could be gay, but if you're attracted to women, maybe you just fantasize about being a girl because you want their body.
You're not alone in the video game thing either. Almost all of my characters on World of Warcraft are women, and my brother's as well. I'm not sure what it is, I just think they look better.
No I'm not a homosexual. I am attracted to girls but as I said in my post, the only time I would imagine being with a guy would be if I was a girl. It's never crossed my mind to do anything with a guy when I myself am a guy. and about fantasizing about being a girl because I want their body, well of course I want their body but thats because they are a girl. I fantasize about having their body because a lot of times I truly wish I was born a girl. So what if I'm attracted to girls though? What if it means that I want to be a lesbian if I was a girl? I usually see people dismiss this stuff pretty fast when the person whom would like to be a different gender is attracted to the very gender they wish to become.

Last edited by TKHawke; 04-21-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Closed Thread