It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
(male)

dolchero HB User
Meatus Concerns

A few years ago while masturbating I accidentally allowed my thumb to impact the lower end of my urethral meatus, causing the skin to open up a further millimeter or so, basically a small meatotomy (I think that's the correct medical term). Anyways, I went to two GP's who both said that there's nothing to worry about, although I never got to visit a urologists. To my understanding it's something that may have happened anyway later on. It has very little impact on my life - sometimes my urine stream is a bit skewered (no real impact on pressure though). My only problem is that sometimes I get very depressed about it, for know real reason - every penis is different anyways. Is it really something I should worry about or am I just being a hypochondriac?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Meatus Concerns

I don't think that you need to worry. If it isn't impacting you in any way, then you are ok. If for some reason it really bothers you, then ask to see a urologist, but I don't think there is a real need. I think you can let the worry go on this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Meatus Concerns

It sounds like you are fine. The meatus is something that is different on every single guy. Sometimes doctors have to enlarge them because they are too small. Other times, guys voluntarily have them enlarged or even completely opened as body modification. Additionally, some doctors change the meatus during circumcision. If your's only opened by a millimeter, I doubt a urologist would be able to close a gap that small without making it smaller than it was originally. I completely understand how self conscious you feel about this because I have an issue from when I was circumcised as a baby. I think about it every day and I wish it never happened. My problem is much larger than a millimeter and it has a major impact on the direction of my stream. It is hard to deal with psychologically and I probably will get it fixed at some point in my life.

Good luck to you.

Closed Thread