It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
(male)

Needhelpfast15 HB User
cannot pull foreskin 'back'

Hey I can pull my foreskin around halfway over the head of my penis. I have not had sex. As I get half way it starts to get tighter and it looks as if the foreskin is attatched to the head of my penis. Do you have any advice on what to do? What has happened if so?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: cannot pull foreskin 'back'

You say that ". . . it looks as if the foreskin is attatched to the head of my penis". Do you mean it is attached to the underside of the penis head? If so, this bit of attached skin is the frenulum and it should be there. If that is not what you mean, then describe your situation in more detail.

Go to the Men's Health Message Board and read the sticky at the top with the subject heading Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis). If you follow the stretching exercises described, you will eventually be able to retract your foreskin.

Don't worry. Any problems you have with your foreskin can be solved. It takes time. You will get all the help you need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
(male)

Needhelpfast15 HB User
Thumbs up Re: cannot pull foreskin 'back'

Thanks for your help, this frenulum if that's what it's called feels as if it is stopping me pull it back, maybe i need to stretch this? If so is it the same way I would stretch my foreskin, it is also very red. Also the head of my penis is very sensitive, is there ways of reducing the amount of sensitivty ...? Thanks alot

Old 06-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey

I'm still not sure about your situation. I need more information from you. Let me explain.

There are at least two reasons for not being able to retract the foreskin so it goes behind the corona or "ridge" of the penis head and exposes the penis head completely:
  1. the foreskin is too tight, making it difficult to slide the skin back. If this is the case, stretching exercises might help.
  2. the foreskin is stuck to the glans (that is, to the penis head).
In the second case, there are "adhesions". In other words, the foreskin is attached to the head of the penis. This is natural. At birth, the foreskin is stuck to the glans. As a little guy grows up and becomes a teenager, the foreskin and the glans gradually separate, and this separation might not finish until the guy is 17 years of age.

So, if you have adhesions, you can wait a couple of years to see if the foreskin separates from the glans. Or, if you are impatient, you could try separating it yourself by applying some baby oil between your foreskin and the penis head, and very carefully and slowly pulling your foreskin away from the glans. Do this after you have made the foreskin as soft as possible by taking a warm bath or shower.

If you want to try this yourself, I need to tell you that it might not be easy. One website says about this procedure: "Forcible retraction may lead to bleeding, scarring, pathological phimosis or paraphimosis, and often pain. Adhesions after forcible retraction, especially in infants, can fuse the foreskin with itself or the glans, leading to skin bridges."

This description is in the context of talking about how doctors and parents who know nothing about the foreskin can do damage by using force to retract a kid's foreskin. I'm not saying that all of that scary stuff will happen to you if you try pulling back your foreskin. In fact, guys who have had "adhesions" have been able to pull back their foreskins with no trouble.

I'm not trying to scare you. I just want to give you as much information as I can. I don't even know if this applies to you because, as I said, I need more information from you. Do some research on the internet about all of this and find a good illustration of the penis, foreskin and frenulum -- both flaccid and erect -- and compare it with your situation. You need to learn as much about your own penis as you can.

Think about what I have said and let me know what you think. The more information we have, the better we are able to help.

You say, "it is also very red". Do you mean your foreskin or the glans? You say that the head of your penis is very sensitive. Yes, it will be for a while. Don't worry about that until you are able to retract your foreskin completely. There are ways of desensitising your penis head.

After you've read all of this, let me tell you that uncircumcised guys often solve their own problems with masturbation. It's a natural way to deal with a tight foreskin and, sometimes, with adhesions.

Don't forget: every problem has a solution.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
(male)

Needhelpfast15 HB User

Yes sure. My foreskin has seperated my glans. It's that "frenium" that is red. I can pull my foreskin more or less half way while 'soft' but not as far when errect. Can this 'frenium' be the cause of me not being able to pull the foreskin back or is this not at option? I have been trying to do research and I thought this may be the best place to ask questions. I feel that I could pull my foreskin all the way over the glans when soft but I feer I may become erect when the foreskin is over the glans while soft and this would cause some pain I would think. Is it better for me to pull back while erect or while soft? I thank you so much for all the information you have gave me so far!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

I appreciate your thanks. It's good to know that you are finding the information helpful. It is only when you are armed with the facts (and a cool head) that you can deal with problems and solve them.

It is possible that you have what is known as "frenulum breve", or short frenulum. Even if this is the case, you can still stretch your foreskin so that you can eventually pull it right back.

The frenulum is often red, particularly after masturbation. Don't over-do the stretching, as you don't want to inflame the frenulum to the point that it is sore.

It's good that you can pull your foreskin back at least part of the way. That means you can stretch it more, so that eventually it will slide back behind the rim of the penis head (which is also known as the corona). The stretching exercises I referred to in a previous post are best done when your penis is erect and after you have had a warm bath or shower. Once you can get the foreskin back while your penis is soft, you will be able to wash your glans and that whole area regularly when you shower; you should also pull back your foreskin when you ****.

You ask, "Is it better for me to pull back while erect or while soft?" It is better to start retracting it while soft, as that will establish that you can do it. Then you can work on stretching while erect so that eventually you will be able to retract while erect (which is the usual position for the foreskin during sex with or without a condom). Of course, if you can't retract fully while soft, you will first have to do the stretching exercises while erect. If that doesn't make sense, please ask for clarification.

I can understand that you are afraid of becoming erect when your foreskin is behind the penis head; this could be a problem if you can't push it forward over the glans. But don't let this fear prevent you from stretching your foreskin. So, if it gets stuck behind the corona, you need to lose your erection quickly. If you're in the shower, you could spray cold water on it. Or you could squeeze the head between your thumb and fingers. Stay calm and do what you can to take control. But try not to let that situation happen. If you feel an erection coming on and your foreskin is fully retracted while your penis is flaccid, act quickly to push the skin back over the glans.

Don't worry. Everything will be ok for you soon. My best wishes.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Closed Thread