It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

Dest1 HB User
Foreskin itches?

Hi,

So recently my foreskin has been itching. This started to happen when I found out about stretching the foreskin back to expose the head (I did not know about this until about two weeks ago). I can fully retract it now, and I've began to clean it in the shower...but a few days ago, maybe 2 or 3 days ago, my foreskin has started to itch and whenever I try to retract it it feels like it is going to rip. Also, there seems to be some kind of white liquid substance that appears whenever I masturbate (not from the opening/urethra). I'm not sexually active, btw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Foreskin itches?

Hey Dest1

It is difficult to give you a definitive answer to your itching problem because there are always so many variables. The first thing that springs to mind is that you might be using soap to clean your penis head and foreskin in the shower. Some guys have a reaction to soap in that area. Either change to a mild soap or use no soap at all to clean your penis. Warm water and the friction of your fingers is sufficient.

The "white liquid substance" is a mystery. Are you using lube when you masturbate? Where does the substance appear from? The friction of your hand and some other substance on your penis (for example, sweat or soap residue) may produce what you describe.

When you shower, make sure you rinse and dry your body thoroughly -- particularly your genitals . See if that makes a difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
(male)

Dest1 HB User

Hm. I see. Well, it's kind of hard to clean it now because whenever I pull it back and rinse it under the shower the water causes a burning sensation on my penis head. Also, the white liquid is almost like smegma, but liquidy, if that makes any sense.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey Dest1

I understand what you mean about the burning sensation. That's exactly how my penis head felt when I started pulling back my foreskin to clean in the shower. The burning and sensitivity will continue for some time until your glans becomes accustomed to being touched. You can desensitise it. Take a look at the following thread:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=851744

If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to ask.

About the "white liquid" and the itchy foreskin. Itching may indicate a fungal infection, in which case an antifungal cream would be a good idea. Clotrimazole (sold under brand names such as Canesten or Lotrimin) is usually recommended for that and it's an over-the-counter medication so you don't need a doctor's prescription. Do a web search using the word clotrimazole to check it out. Apply the cream after a shower but make sure the area is completely dry. Use it sparingly. Follow the instructions that come with the product.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
(male)

Dest1 HB User

But when I first started running it under the shower, it didn't burn. It just started after what you diagnosed as a "fungal infection" occurred.

Also, is it OK to masturbate?

Second edit: I have a bottle of liquid spray Tinactin laying around my house. Is that OK to use or do I have to buy a cream?

Last edited by Dest1; 06-21-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

My apologies. I misunderstood about when the burning started. Definitely sounds like a fungal infection. Creams are better than sprays for use on the glans; sprays contain a propellant and a solvent which evaporate when applied, whereas creams can help to hydrate the skin, which would be better in your case because you say the foreskin feels as if it's going to split when retracted.

Masturbation involves friction which could irritate the infection -- and you've already said that the white liquid substance appears when you masturbate. If you can, give it a rest until the itchiness subsides, or at least keep it to a minimum and do it gently.

You might like to think about why the fungal infection occurred in the first place as they are a real pain and tend to recur. Do a web search on the causes of fungal or yeast infections.

I hope the problem clears up for you soon so that you can get back to normal.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
(male)

Dest1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fles View Post
My apologies. I misunderstood about when the burning started. Definitely sounds like a fungal infection. Creams are better than sprays for use on the glans; sprays contain a propellant and a solvent which evaporate when applied, whereas creams can help to hydrate the skin, which would be better in your case because you say the foreskin feels as if it's going to split when retracted.

Masturbation involves friction which could irritate the infection -- and you've already said that the white liquid substance appears when you masturbate. If you can, give it a rest until the itchiness subsides, or at least keep it to a minimum and do it gently.

You might like to think about why the fungal infection occurred in the first place as they are a real pain and tend to recur. Do a web search on the causes of fungal or yeast infections.

I hope the problem clears up for you soon so that you can get back to normal.
This happened after I had washed the head with body wash.

Also can I apply it if I haven't taken a shower? Like for example if I havent taken a shower for a day, can I still apply it? Or do I have to clean it first then apply?

Last edited by Dest1; 06-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

In normal circumstances, in any season, it is good hygiene to wash your penis with foreskin retracted at least once a day when you shower. (Look up balanitis). That area should be kept clean and dry. It's a good idea to retract your foreskin when you urinate.

I doubt very much that body wash caused your problem. It is more likely to be that the penis head wasn't dry before your foreskin was pushed back over the glans after showering.

You ask about applying the antifungal cream without first washing and drying the penis head. That area is a breeding ground for infection if proper hygiene isn't practised, as I think you can gather from my first paragraph in this post. You don't want to compound your current problem by not being as clean as you can. If you're not going to take a shower for a day, at least wash and dry your penis -- and make sure it's dry by using tissues after the towel.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Terminology.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fles For This Useful Post:
Dest1 (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
(male)

Dest1 HB User

Alright, thanks.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Ok. I'm sure your problem will clear up if you use the antifungal cream for three or four weeks. Everything will be fine for you.

My best wishes.

Last edited by Fles; 06-22-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Closed Thread