It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Question I think I might be Bisexual?

I have always liked boys, and I still do but I think I like girls too. Their attractive, sexy, and I like them, But Im not sure. And How do I tell my friends, and fammily, esp. my parents. someone help me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Question I think I might be Bisexual?

Im a teenager, have always liked boys and I still do. But I think im also attracted to women. Does that mean im bisexual? Im really confused.. Help.??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: I think I might be Bisexual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells611 View Post
How do I tell my friends, and fammily, esp. my parents. someone help me??
If you are not sure yet, why are you in any hurry to tell them? Why don't you figure it out first and then have that discussion?

If you're looking to just talk to someone about your confusion, that's something else. Do you have someone you can talk to about it?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Honestly I wouldn't say anything to anyone about it until you figure it out for yourself. There are several ways you can do that. The easiest would be to find a counselor/therapist that specializes in gay/lesbian tendencies. There not as hard to find as one might think.

But seriously, until you know for sure what's going on with your body,there's no need to start a maelstorm between your friends and family, not to mention all the tons of unwanted advice you are sure to get.

Kat

Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
(male)

rob925 HB User

Some teens can be confused, especially in elementary/high school, but kids can be so judgmental that I wouldn't confide in any of your friends. Wait until after high school to explore your sexual feelings. You can see a counselor/therapist, but you will have to pay yourself or use insurance. Insurance statements end up going to your house where others may see it and this may not be what you want.

In today's society, girls, especially, get bombarded by TV, movies and advertising that promotes/hints at bisexualness or lesbianism and so the idea of being attracted to the same sex is not unusual. My coworker has a daughter in high school (an arts/music/drama school) where her daughter has told her that there are tons of girls who are bisexual. But this is in a large urban city.

It's also not unusual for girls to try this out. Sometimes it's just a passing phase. Only time will tell. And it's not the end of the world if you are attractive to girls. Unless you live in a large city, I'd wait until after high school.

Closed Thread