It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

sweetiepie01 HB User
Question Pregnant from pool sex?

Hey everyone!
Ok, well here's the story...
So, me and my boyfriend are both 17 and been together for 8 months and have been having sex (without our parents knowledge) for the past 4 months.

We spent the last day of the weekend by the pool in the garden. While we both were sitting in the pool, we started to mess around, then he put his penis inside me,\ and ejaculated. It wasn't until after that we realised what we had done - not used protection!

It's been over 6 weeks now since we had sex without protection and I am now over 2 weeks late for my period. I am NEVER late! My friend says not to worry because you can't get pregnant when having sex in water because the sperm can swim out.

We always use condoms when we have sex, but my bf usually puts his penis in without and only puts one on just before he thinks he is going to ejaculate.

So, my question is, can I be pregnant? Even though I sex in a pool? What should I do now?

Please help, everyone!

xoxox

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: TMI removed. It is not necessary to go into detail. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User
Re: Pregnant from pool sex?

Yes you can get pregnant having sex in a pool. You can also get pregnant using the withdrawal method even if he does put a condom on at the last minute.

The only way to know for sure if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

MJ007 HB User

Pool sex is not a method of birth control. Sperm aren't super intelligent. They swim. They don't know if they are swimming in or out. Ely is right, you need to test.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

PrincessPotato HB User

Regardless of where you are having the sex you can become pregnant especially if you have unprotected sex. The "pull-out"method is not an effective form of birth control either. If you are two weeks late a home pregnancy test would tell you if you are pregnant.

At two weeks late you could have a full range of symptoms like having to urinate more, some mild cramping and bloating, gas, heartburn, more vaginal discharge, some morning sickness fuller or tender breasts, and feeling more tired than usual. Those are just some symptoms you can have in early pregnancy.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Or you could have no symptoms (actually, it's highly unlikely you'd have any of the above at 2 weeks pregnant, with the possible exception of tender breasts and frequent urination), and it's possible (although unlikely) that a urine-based home pregnancy test could give you a false negative reading even if you are pregnant.
Go to a clinic and get a blood pregnancy test.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-02-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
(female)

PrincessPotato HB User

I believe you said you were 2 weeks late for your period? If so that would mean you are 6 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last period.

At 6 weeks pregnant there is a very good chance that you would have at least some symptoms, though many early pregnancy symptoms are much like symptoms of PMS. I know with my pregnancies by the time I am 2 weeks late I do have many symptoms such as a morning sickness.

Levels of hCG in a healthy pregnancy typically double every 48-72 hours. At 6 weeks pregnant you could have levels of 1000mIU+, and many home pregnancy tests are 20 mIU and up so you should be able to get a positive result by now. I know many women find by the time their periods are due they can get a positive result on a home pregnancy test. However a blood is also very helpful depending on what kind you get you can get a yes or no answer or see how high your hCG levels are.

I hope you find this helpful.

Hugs

Last edited by PrincessPotato; 07-02-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I meant 2 not 6!

Old 07-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
At 6 weeks pregnant there is a very good chance that you would have at least some symptoms, though many early pregnancy symptoms are much like symptoms of PMS. I know with my pregnancies by the time I am 6 weeks late I do have many symptoms such as a morning sickness.
By the time you're six weeks LATE you may well have many symptoms.
When you are only two weeks late (and therefore six weeks pregnant), you are unlikely to have any except breast tenderness.
I am currently five months pregnant with my third child.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
(female)

PrincessPotato HB User

I meant 2 weeks late. (6 weeks pregnant) It was a typo. Also the information I have provided in this thread is typical for many women, though there are some woman who either don't have many symptoms until they are further along or there are some women who have gone through entire pregnancies with hardly any symptoms including morning sickness. Pregnancy is so different for everyone. There is no "right" or "wrong" pregnancy experience.

I hope I have been able to help.

Last edited by PrincessPotato; 07-02-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Closed Thread