It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
(female)

Krab HB User
Exclamation I've changed my mind about sex. Is it too late?

Hi, I am 18 years old and i have never done anything past kissing really. I'm leaving for college soon and I don't want to seem inexperienced. I wanted to be with a guy but he said no because I was a virgin, so I decided to have sex with a boy I kind of know. At first it seemed like it was a great idea because I was "getting what I wanted", but now I'm not sure. I'm not looking for an emotional connection, I just want to get it over with. But as the day draws nearer I am more reluctant. I'm afraid that I won't say anything to him and I'll just go through with it. Unfortunately I'm also afraid that he'll ruin my reputation if I don't. He's already told a guy that he's gonna do it with me, and I'm afraid I'll be severly judged for backing out last minute. I know that's not a good reason, but I really care what people think. I've also been leading him on a lot because I thought I would get the courage, but it's not coming. What should I do? How do tell him?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User
Re: I've changed my mind about sex. Is it too late?

I need to say this as clearly as possible - once you go through with this, you can't go back. It's a one-way street! If you're not absolutely sure you want to go through with it, DON'T! Deal with the back-talking if you have to but don't do anything you're not 100% you want to do! You're still very very young and you're not missing anything. When you meet the right person, this will be a beautiful "gift" for both of you and you're virginity is something you should NEVER toss out there like you're prepared to. PLEASE PLEASE rethink things! When you're in a a lovely relationship and you're ready to take the next step, you'll know and it will be something you'll never forget as opposed to what you're planning on doing, which will be something you'll not be able to get out of your mind. Big Difference! I wish you all the Best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

Krab HB User

Thank you! That was the exact thing I needed to hear, and I feel better about my decision to say no

The following user gives a hug of support to Krab:
music47 (09-06-2011)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

It's an old saying that women have the right to change their minds. Don't worry about changing your decision. All you need to say is that you've "reconsidered." Simple as that.

Last edited by Lily2005; 09-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

There will be lots and lots of inexperienced girls and boys in college, so don't worry about being one of them. I guarantee that's true!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
(female)

Krab HB User

Than you guys soo much!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
(male)

shian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krab View Post
Hi, I am 18 years old and i have never done anything past kissing really. I'm leaving for college soon and I don't want to seem inexperienced. I wanted to be with a guy but he said no because I was a virgin, so I decided to have sex with a boy I kind of know. At first it seemed like it was a great idea because I was "getting what I wanted", but now I'm not sure. I'm not looking for an emotional connection, I just want to get it over with. But as the day draws nearer I am more reluctant. I'm afraid that I won't say anything to him and I'll just go through with it. Unfortunately I'm also afraid that he'll ruin my reputation if I don't. He's already told a guy that he's gonna do it with me, and I'm afraid I'll be severly judged for backing out last minute. I know that's not a good reason, but I really care what people think. I've also been leading him on a lot because I thought I would get the courage, but it's not coming. What should I do? How do tell him?
Trust me. I'm a virgin guy - 25 years old. And I'm sure I may never come to a non-virgin girl if I knew it. Because there is a very high chance that I won't have a happy marriage with that girl. Think twice before you do it.

Whoopee said right. It is a very beautiful gift that for the right couple. God only gives you 1 chance!

Last edited by shian; 09-17-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
(female)

beccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB User

Hi, there...

At eighteen, there are so many things going on, places to see, experiences to enjoy, lessons to be learned, etc, etc. It also a time of self discovery and working out what you like and don't like, who you are and what you want in life.

If you feel that physical sex is really important to you, by all means go ahead, taking all the precautions, of course. If however, you have even the slightest doubt that you want to experience this with this particular person, I would listen to that inner voice. The fact that he has already publicly announced that he is, 'going to have his wicked way with you', seems to me a very immature act. Put that immaturity together with your suspicions that he may try to sully your reputation if you back out and the writing is on the wall, really.

The days are long gone where a woman is poorly judged for not doing what a man wants her to do, (no offence intended, lads!) and those people who do still judge their peers in this manner should be given the contempt they deserve. You will meet all sorts of people at university, all with varying backgrounds and experience. You most definitely will not be the only virgin in class! It is becoming more common these days, for virginity to be highly valued, for it shows that the person is mature and conscientious and not willing to give it out willy nilly...said practise becoming more frowned upon within the 18 - 25 year old age groups.

Listen to yourself. You won't regret it.

Closed Thread