It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

forrest215 HB User
Problem With Random Erections

I know that random erections are normal but is the fact that I get them more often when I masturbate normal as well? Though it is also coupled with premature ejaculation and the ability to keep going after the fact for another time or two. I just don't know if I should not masturbate because I get them when that happens as well. It seems that RE are unavoidable with no chance of reducing the chance whether I masturbate or not. If someone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
(male)

JumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB User
Re: Problem With Random Erections

I had to re-read your post a couple of times to try and get an idea on what you were asking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're wondering if by masturbating you're creating more random erections and if by stopping masturbation, you're hoping the RE's will decrease. Correct?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
(male)

forrest215 HB User

Well sort of. It just seems my situation is different from what I have read up on because the more often that I masturbate the more frequent my random erections are, though they do still happen when having not masturbated recently. I was just curious if that might be an issue to get checked out or if I'm just going to have to suck it up and masturbate less often.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
(male)

JumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB User

Based on the assumption that you posted this in the "teens" board, I'm going with the idea you're a teen. Having said that, if it's true, it's just something we all have to deal with. All of us guys have had to deal with it at one or time or another and it usually occurred during our teen years when we're in high-school and more self-conscience about our bodies.

If it's something that's happening at the most inopportune times, try wearing underwear that are more restrictive, i.e. "tighty-whitey's" and jeans that are a little baggier. And try aiming it downward. This way if you experience a RE, it's less likely to show.

The fact that you experience an increase in RE's because you masturbate is just your body telling you you're primed and ready. Your body is saying "it's time to reproduce".

Instead of masturbating less, try masturbating more often and more frequently. See if that helps.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
(male)

forrest215 HB User

Well I am 19, but I have tried masturbating more frequently and it just seems to increase the chance of random erections, either because I have conditioned my penis to get hard more often or some other reason. It just is kind of embarrassing in college as I am walking to class and I begin to get an erection even though I am not even thinking about it or am trying to focus on not getting one.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
(male)

I remember at that age, just a slight breeze would send things skyward. I'm just over 20 years your senior and I wished like hell I could have half that problem (so does my wife lol).

Honestly, I would try to not be as embarrased about it as you are. It's a natural thing your body is going thru. With time things will start to settle down and the RE's will be less frequent. I'm fairly certain you're not the only one on campus going thru this.

The Following User Says Thank You to JumperOK For This Useful Post:
forrest215 (09-07-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
(male)

forrest215 HB User

Well thanks for the reassurance. Though I kind of have given up on caring about it but I do appreciate it

Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
(male)

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If it starts to become a real issue, then definitely talk with a doctor. He/She may be able to prescribe something to help. Otherwise, like I mentioned, try wearing more restrictive underwear to maybe help keep things under control a little better so it's not as obvious.

Last edited by JumperOK; 09-07-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Closed Thread