It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
(male)

tyler1993 HB User
Unhappy so stressed out over this please help!!

Hello I am 17 never had sex ...I have a red,slightly discoloured and itchy scrotum and a plethora of ingrown hairs in the pubic hairs above my penis and in the sides of my thighs aswell as the "hinge" of my knee ..I also have a red area near the tip of my tongue...and I think I feel a cold sore or somthing of the sort forming on my bottom lip ...aswell as what I hope is acne on the corners of my mouth area and below ....I am really concerned about this ....I failed to mention that I have ..fordyce spots I believe they are called ...I have heard it called "chicken skin" scrotum or somthing ..and pearly penile pauples ...I'm not to concerned about those due to the fact that they are common among men ...but the pressing concern is what is worrying me ....I plan to have sex one day and I don't want to have to worry about somthing like this .... I am hesitant to talk to anyone about this ...since this is a sensitive issue ...and I would like some opionins on what this is and what I can do as far as self treatment ...thank you for your time

Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
(female)

pinaay HB User
Re: so stressed out over this please help!!

Hi there,
Well, being a woman, I'm not an expert on male health issues. But I will try to help you as best as I can, with information I've collected from medical courses etc.
I'll start with the acne- first of all, there's nothing wrong or abnormal about a young adult such as yourself, having acne problems. You'll probably find that this will go away as you get older. Even older adults experience occasional break outs from time to time and there's unfortunately not a whole lot that you can do to guarantee that your acne will disappear.
What you can do, however, to reduce its appearance and to prevent it, is first to "clean yourself from the inside out", so to speak It's no myth that eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains improves one's skin. This applies to men and women. Also, make sure that you wash your face, with a cleanser, regularly. There are skin cleansers that are destined for men, but if you can't find any, don't hesitate to go for a product that's maybe geared to women. I, personally, have never felt that there is anything wrong with men using so-called women's "beauty" products, but if this bothers you, and someone asks, you can always say that it's for a girlfriend or your sister
Some "gender neutral" brands of cleansing products include Nivea and Neutrogena, if these are available where you live.
At 17, I think you're a bit young yet to be thinking about sex. I don't mean this in a judgmental way, or, really that it's wrong for you to think about it- on the contrary, thinking about it provides you a chance to approach the situation with maturity and preparedness when the time comes. What I mean to say is that, at 17, your body is still developing. These "oddities" that you have described might well be a thing of the past by the time you are ready to engage in sexual activity. That you've not had sex yet is, I find, an admirable thing- don't rush yourself, for once you lose it, it's gone. (I don't mean to sound like a preacher or impose my beliefs on you; I just mean that your insecurities may go away, in time, and that you needn't worry too much ^_^)
As for the issue with the scrotum; maybe talk to your doctor about this. It likely isn't anything of concern, but your doctor may be able to better inform you about some of the issues you are having.
I hope this helps,
pinaay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread