It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board

not taking my break in the pill, pregnancy chances?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
bowi3
(female)

bowi3 HB User
not taking my break in the pill, pregnancy chances?

okay so here's my story.

i'm on the pill, and i've been on this pill for about a year, although started a new one about 4 months ago. i take it for 21 days then wait 7 for my period to come and finish. for the past two packets i've skipped this wait, and i was due my period on wednesday yet again i continued with a new pack not having that wait....

i had sex on thursday morning, unprotected... and now i'm having doubts about whether this was such a good idea or not. in the past i've forgotten to take a pill, but would take it with the other one the next day. i should probably mention i don't take it at a specific time either, i just take it whenever i remember during the day.

i've had no time to get the emergency contraception pill as i've a lot of family problems at the moment especially now it's the weekend my time is taken up from that...

if i'm at a big risk of pregnancy though, do you think it would be a good idea to get the pill tomorrow morning? it will have been about 60 hours after.

Last edited by bowi3; 11-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
Thisby
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: not taking my break in the pill, pregnancy chances?

If you've been taking your regular birth control pills at roughly the same time every day then you don't need ECP.

The pills are to keep a level of hormones in your system that will prevent pregnancy. Even being an entire day late is usually not an indication to take other measures (read your pack's warnings though, to be sure).

You should probably try to be more careful about taking them at the same time though, even if only to prevent you from forgetting it altogether.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
bowi3
(female)

bowi3 HB User
Re: not taking my break in the pill, pregnancy chances?

thanks! i'm just worried because a lot of people are saying that if i've missed more than one pill but took it the next day that it messes things up

another thing, my packet was up on sunday but i started a new pack straight away on monday. if i hadn't done that i would have gotten my period on wednesday or thursday....

so surely this means there was no chance that i was ovulating, am i right? or has this messed up because i've taken the packs without breaks?

Closed Thread