It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2002, 03:27 PM   #1

Squiggles HB User
Post Pregnancy Symptoms While on the Pill

About 3 days or so ago I had sex. I'm on birth control pills and have been for about 5 1/2 months now. I'm pretty good with taking them. I think I've forgotten to take it once since I started on them. My question is would I get the symptoms of being pregnant while still on the birth control? I'm not supposed to stop taking them for about another 11 days, then i'll get my period. But does that mean I have to wait 11 days until i don't take the pill to know if I'm pregnant or not? I'm really paranoid and I guess I'm just wondering would the nausea and abdomon pains most women experience when pregnant happen to me while I'm still taking the pills? Please get back to me as soon as you can!! thanx I appreciate it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Squiggles For This Useful Post:
GorqeousKii (02-08-2012)
Old 11-12-2002, 03:46 PM   #2

dustbunnys_baby HB User
Hey there,
Yes it is natural to feel the symptoms of pregnancy while on the pill. It is supposed to trick your body into believing you are pregnant so that you won't ovulate. Until you are supposed to have your period than you have it and the eggs are released and you start the cycle again. I was on the pill for almost 2 years and you don't know how many pregnancy tests I took just to be sure. But I never got pregnant. I wouldn't worry to much. It is very normal. much love Sunnie

------------------
You alone can decide your destiny!

The Following User Says Thank You to dustbunnys_baby For This Useful Post:
GorqeousKii (02-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2002, 04:35 PM   #3

Squiggles HB User
I knew someone would answer my question like that. Haha. I should have been more clear in what I was asking. I know most women experience swelling of the breats and other symptoms of what might happen to a woman who was actually pregnant. but that's not what I'm asking. I'm saying, if by having sex a few days ago, I became pregnant, would the symptoms I would get if I wasnt on birth control appear eventhough I am. it's confusing but I'm not sure how to word it exactly. As of right now I will have to wait 11 days until I'm supposed to stop taking the pills to allow myself to get my period. And if I dont get it, then obviously I'm pregnant. The pills don't make me nauseas, so if I was pregnant, would I start feeling nauseas within the next few days? And then I'll know I might be. Or, will nothing happen because my body alreay thinks I'm pregnant since I'm on the pill. I realize thats what the pill does, tricks your body into thinking your pregnant so you don't get your period. But I don't know if i can wait 11 days!!!

Old 11-13-2002, 07:11 PM   #4

dustbunnys_baby HB User
Okay thankyou for clarifying the Q. You would still have pregnancy symtoms if you were pregnant and on the pill. It is totally possible that you are pregnant. But you will not be able to show up possitive on a test until you have missed at least one day of your period. Then you can take the test and find out for sure if you are pregnant. I hope this has clarified some stuff. Good luck and be patient. Much Love Sunnie

------------------
You alone can decide your destiny!

Old 11-14-2002, 10:00 AM   #5

Squiggles HB User
Thank you, that does help a lot. So I have to wait another 9 days? I'm gonna go crazy. Thanks again though, that calmed my nerves a lot.

Closed Thread