It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2002, 03:26 PM   #1

Tazet HB User
Post My period Stopped in the middle after Sex ... what does this mean!!

My period has stopped after i had sex... i am not on birth control, no condom(i know it was dumb but) I was 2 days into in and then had sex...it has been two days after and no period returning,,, AAWWW does this mean i could be pregnant... is it possible to get pregnant during your period?? Thanks to those who reply!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
It is possible to get pregnant during your period. Granted the chances are SUPPOSED to be slimmer but they are still there.
It could be you just had a short period which can happen. It could be the sex caused things to stop. But pregnancy doesnt stop your period while you are in the middle of it. You see your body has to have time for conception to occur then for implantation to occur which tends to take about three days. After implantation then the body starts producing HCG which helps stop your periods by supressing ovulation.
You are going to have to wait about 20 days after the sex and take a home pregnancy test or you can see your doctor in about a week and half after the sex and get a blood test...though that still maybe too soon depending on your cycle.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2002, 10:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
could be that you were actually done having your period and the sex just managed to sort of mush everything out so that you just saw you had stopped, and didn't see the spotting that sometimes happens after.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:38 AM   #4
Inactive

Lauren*10 HB User
Most of the time, your "egg" is flushed out on the first day of your period when you are the heaviest. If you are really concerned, then go to your local health department and get on the emergancy contraceptive pills.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:52 PM   #5

CThackray HB User
That is very weird because my Friend's Girlfriend had a delayed period after they first had sex.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:00 PM   #6

crandle1 HB User
when you have sex your period becomes lighter so if it was light before or you hadnt had sex for a while that could stop it

BUT

having sex while you're on your period is pretty gross

AND

if you do that or have sex when you've missed a period and he prods you in the wrong place it can cause all the blood to come out starting then really heavily over only one day. not nice

SO DON'T DO IT

AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYY YYYYYYYYSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAA CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD DDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2002, 01:48 PM   #7

Tazet HB User
My period was at a stop for a whole day... but it was only 3 days which was wierd but i thought it was done but i don'tknow usually it goes for about 5 days..I know you should always use a condom

Old 12-31-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
(female)

Disposition HB User
If anyone watches Sue Johanson's show....
she once said that while having sex your period will stop, just like when you get in the shower or in the bath.
I think maybe sometimes it just might take a few days to get it back, or sometimes it'll end early after sex.
Just pick yourself up a home pregnancy test, and take it 20 days after this happened. The chances are slim, but if you're nervous about it, 1. take the test to ease your mind and 2. being nervous could be the cause of your short period.

------------------
"Tomorrow may be better, but today I choose not to feel..."

Closed Thread