It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

Dicouraged HB User
Sour smell

[/LIST]Hey I'm sixteen and I'm experiencing a sour smell I am un circumcised and whenever I pull my skin back it smells sour it isn't strong I have to bend down like four inches from the tip of my scrotum and I can smell a sour smell. I got tested three weeks from when I had unprotected sex and tests came back negative but I'm not sure wether I went too early. I also have tiny bumps under the tip of my scrotum they are the size of grains of salt but get bigger if I am more erect. I don't like having a sour smell should I get tested again or could it be a yeast infection I also have an itch sometimes, I clean my scrotum very well pull the skin back and wash with soap and I shower twice a day but manage to have the smell when I get home and I only stay in a classroom with no p.e. For five hours then I take the bus and trolley home and in all of walking to bus stop and trolley it's about a block and a half that I walk, so I'm very curious to why it smells and the girl I had unprotected intercourse with tasted a little sour and smelled a little sour too. So I want to know if I have a yeast infection so I can get that anti-fungal cream if that's what I use for a yeast infection and if I should go get tested again. And to know what else I can use beside soap to clean my self with that I'll be smelling good down there all day even if I were to walk all day place to place, maybe certain oils or creams maybe whatever to keep me smelling good so I can make a good impression on a girl if it came down to intercourse so she won't smell nothing but roses or something non sour or fishy or cheesy to not have any odor would be great, or should I put like baby powder on my scrotum and when I pull skin back, please help I'm vey discouraged with this and would like advice and tips as soon as possible anything would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Sour smell

The area you are talking about is usually enclosed tightly in underwear for most of the day, so it's not unusual for it to become sweaty. That probably explains the "sour" smell. Try free-balling as much as possible. I would not recommend putting powders, creams or oils on your genitals because it's just not natural. Even soap can produce reactions that make you itch down there.

You do not have a yeast infection -- you're not constantly scratching, there's no rash, no excessive redness. If anything, you are worrying too much: this is obvious from the fact that you have to "bend down like four inches" from your scrotum to detect a smell. Guys don't normally do that. If a chick is going to go there during oral sex, it's obvious from the description of your hygiene habits that she will have no problem with your smell, particularly because you retract your foreskin and wash that whole area when you shower. In any case, normal body aromas can be sexually attractive!

Quote:
I also have tiny bumps under the tip of my scrotum they are the size of grains of salt but get bigger if I am more erect.
These bumps are normal; all guys have them. They are hair follicles and you're right: they do become bigger when your penis is erect.

If you want your partner to "smell nothing but roses" when you have sex, use some deodorant. And make sure you use condoms.

The following user gives a hug of support to Fles:
Dicouraged (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
(male)

Dicouraged HB User

Alright bro thankyou so much you don't know how much this means to me if I knew your number I would call you and say thanks but where would I put the deodorant like above my scrotum or like where my bladder is? And yeah I wear pretty tight underwear and skinny jeans so maybe I will free ball it or maybe wear boxers what do you prefer? Reply as soon as possible! Please.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-12-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Quote removed.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
(male)

Dicouraged HB User

And it smells sour when I pull my skin back I don't have a problem with my genitals just under my skin of my scrotum so is that different or is that what that what you were talking about?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

I was referring generally to the whole area. When you say, ". . .I don't have a problem with my genitals just under my skin of my scrotum", I guess you mean "just under the foreskin", not the skin of your scrotum. I understand that the sour smell is coming from the exposed area of your penis head when you retract your foreskin. This isn't unusual because the area under your foreskin is not usually exposed to the air. And that's ok, because you should only retract your foreskin to clean the area in the shower, or to pee, or when you're masturbating or having sex. It's great that you clean under your foreskin every time you shower. If you don't retract your foreskin when you pee, get into the habit of doing so -- and wipe off any residual urine with toilet tissue before returning the skin to its usual position covering the penis head.

So you don't have anything to worry about. As I said, if it concerns you that there will be a smell when you have sex, use some deodorant (but not on your genitals ).

Incidentally those bumps you mentioned could also be sebaceous prominence.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
(male)

Dicouraged HB User

So where do I put the deodorant in that area? And damn sebaceous prominence is messed.... :'( so I cant ever have a have a girlfriend again or what cause that is really messed up to have?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sorry, I think I have confused you with my mention of deodorant. I just meant using deodorant in the normal way, nowhere near your genitals.

Sebaceous prominence is something all guys have, some with more prominence than others. It's never stopped me from having a relationship involving sex and I have never been questioned about it. It's as natural as having skin.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
(male)

Dicouraged HB User

Oh well of course I use doedorint everyday. Is there anyway you can prevent it from getting any worse?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

I don't think it will become any worse. You're doing an excellent job of keeping that area very clean as it is. Take up my suggestion about peeing and see if that makes a difference. Best wishes.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
(male)

Dicouraged HB User

Yeah I've already started and ima try that freeballing thing or maybe boxers. And I told my bros about it too it's a real good tip but hey thanks for all your help if I need help I'll be sure to post here and hopefully you can give me more advice when I need it.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

You're welcome anytime. Glad I could help.

Closed Thread