It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Post Precum contains no sperm

Does precum contain sperm? This subject has been researched in medical journals and the conclusion is very clear.

In the "Journal of Assisted Reproduction Genetics, 2003 Apr;20(4):157-9. Zukerman asked "Does preejaculatory penile secretion originating from Cowper's gland contain sperm?" "Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel."

Their conclusion was "Preejaculatory fluid secreted at the tip of the urethra from Cowper's gland during sexual stimulation did not contain sperm and therefore cannot be responsible for pregnancies during coitus interruptus." You can't be more definitive than that.

Precum does not contain sperm UNLESS there was a previous ejaculation, then the sperm comes from semen still in the urethra.

The main reason for failure of the withdrawl method is the inability of guys to admit they didnt pull out in time.

Old 07-31-2003, 03:45 PM   #2

happy go lucky HB User
As true as this is, I still say it is not the best form of b/c and sexual pleausre combined. I fidn much more pleasure when I ejac. within my g/f, and that is one of the reasons I use a condom in stead. In addtion my g/f gets xtra pleasure out of is by:

a. she says she can feel me ejac into the condom and my thrusts seem to change during and just after ejac, (most times, I stay hard enuf to last a while longer before, I have to remove myslef and be able to remove my condom in a proper manner.

b. since my g/f has passed kengle (sp?) with flying colors, frankly ejac within is far more pleasing to me, than ejac after I withdraw. IN addition, she feels the same as I, that doing what gives the other more pleasure is what sex is all about.

But I do know that many, many people use the withdraw method and u r correct if done in time it does work, but u must have great self control and catch yourself at just the correct time.

I say that is what a condom is 4. In additon, 4 many guys a condom can make intercourse actually last longer, so what's wrong with that?

Take care and thanks for the great info & the time u spent on looking it all up and spelling it back to all of us.!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 03:50 AM   #3

FirestormZero HB User
Prefluids CAN contain sperm so you are not correct. Withdrawel is also a sucky way to protect. Because when you have an orgasm your timing sucks. badly.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally posted by FirestormZero:
Prefluids CAN contain sperm so you are not correct.
Four hundred years of science has shown that experiment is the way to test a theory. By actually testing the precum of guys it has been shown that sperm is not present. This result is consistent with the fact that sperm don't enter the prostate until a few seconds before ejaculation. Those are the facts.

Just because 5000 web sites say that precum contains sperm is no reason to reject the scientific evidence. Proving once again that the web is filled 90% with half truths and mumbo jumbo.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:38 AM   #5

Summer Girl HB User
Exclamation

But, regardless, precum can contain std's and that is a fact.

It's important to practice safe sex.

Old 08-02-2003, 10:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally posted by Summer Girl:
But, regardless, precum can contain std's and that is a fact. It's important to practice safe sex.
Absolutely, though I still don't know how you roll on a condom after foreplay and guarantee you don't have precum on your hands or put vaginal fluids on your penis as you unroll it.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
First of all I don't think this is something that should be posted on a teen board. To mislead people into thinking this way is absurd. True enough this subject is one that's been ongoing by many health professions for years, however, most younger sexually active people are more concerned with pregnancy than STD. To tell them something like this only increases their chances of not using protection and contracting some STD.

Not to mention...I have been pregnant 4 times due to pre-ejaculation. I know it was not a matter of him not pulling out in time because once he ejaculates he is unable to maintain an erection. We were into freakier things than him ejaculating on my stomach or else where, so we continued our sexual experiments prior to him ejaculating...not in my vagina by the way. Let me also say, this is my husband and we are 2 responsible adults and that is why we did the things we did. My pregnancies were not at all unwanted, therefore us acting in a manner in which we did is acceptable.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally posted by normorcrazy:
First of all I don't think this is something that should be posted on a teen board.
Sometime the truth is hard to accept. But, nothing is more important than the truth. Hiding the truth from teens is a mistake. The scientific facts are clear, precum contains no sperm.

Unfortunately, personal testimony is not acceptable scientific proof because there are no objective observers to verify the facts. Further, it's obvious that precum doesn't contain sufficient sperm to cause pregnancy because of the simple biological fact that millions of sperm are needed for conception. No one has EVER observed such millions in precum.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by normorcrazy:
First of all I don't think this is something that should be posted on a teen board. To mislead people into thinking this way is absurd. True enough this subject is one that's been ongoing by many health professions for years, however, most younger sexually active people are more concerned with pregnancy than STD. To tell them something like this only increases their chances of not using protection and contracting some STD.

Not to mention...I have been pregnant 4 times due to pre-ejaculation. I know it was not a matter of him not pulling out in time because once he ejaculates he is unable to maintain an erection. We were into freakier things than him ejaculating on my stomach or else where, so we continued our sexual experiments prior to him ejaculating...not in my vagina by the way. Let me also say, this is my husband and we are 2 responsible adults and that is why we did the things we did. My pregnancies were not at all unwanted, therefore us acting in a manner in which we did is acceptable.

Exactly. However true or not true this may be, it should always be promoted that you need to use a condom or another form of bc if you have both had STD checks or never had any other sexual relations.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
The truth is important, but only if you have proven facts. As I said, this is an ongoing debate among HEALTH PROFESSIONALS worldwide. You say just because 5000 sites say that precum contains sperm is no reason to reject scientific evidence, well where's the evidence? I see nothing support what you have stated. You're absolutely right, personal testimony is not acceptable scientific proof, but I'd much rather take that over someone's word. That is basically all you have to offer. Oh and by the way, while doing your searches you need to read up on how many sperm it take to become pregnant. It only takes 1 to fertilize an egg. I do realize that most die traveling to the egg, but that's still all that's needed!!!

*If you can offer me an official website to prove what you have stated please do so. If not no response is needed!!

[This message has been edited by normorcrazy (edited 08-07-2003).]

{* .gov websites are the only websites that are technically allowed to be posted on here, some .org may be allowed if is has no similarities to a commercial website, bfl}

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 08-07-2003).]

Old 08-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #11

happy go lucky HB User
yes, this belongs on a teen board. if a teens wants to be sexually active they will be no matter if they read this board or not. However, a teen must know ALL of the ramifications of being adult enuf to have sex!!!!

That is what this board is all about.

To be sure if there is or is not sperm in precum, since i have read so many opinions on the subject, y not use a condom and this way u will not have to worry.

Sex is so much better when u do not have to worry!!!

As a retorical ? where do they think teens should find out about issues such as sperm in precum if they do not want it on the boards ?? if it offends them do not read it!!!

frankly i think the people asking ?'s here are far more mature than the persons saying y put this on a teen board!!!!

Old 08-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #12

sexy gurl HB User
ok everyone i'm a teen and does precum have sperm in it please answer the question i need to knwo

Old 08-23-2003, 06:50 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
Since there appears to be so much controversy about whether it does or doesn't I'd err on the side of caution and make sure your boyfriend wears a condom when his penis is anywhere near your vagina or when you are having any form of sexual arousal which involves touching each other's genitals.

This way, if those who say that pre-ejaculate doesn't contain sperm or that it doesn't contain enough sperm cells to make you pregnant happen to be wrong you will not be faced with the unpleasent reality of having to deal with either an unwanted pregnancy or a potential STD if either of you is infected.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:10 PM   #14
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
It doesn't matter if precum contains sperm or not. By having sex without any type of contraception or birth control you run the risk of becoming prenant.
If what orion says is medical fact fine.
BUT it's also a statistic that 80% of couples using the withdrawl (pull out) method get pregnant in the first year.Precum may not contain sperm, but people still get pregnant using the withdrawl method.
So I say it doesn't matter, you're still playing with fire.
And that's not EVEN taking into consideration the whole STD can of worms!
Wearm condoms, use othe forms of BC to prevent pregnancy too.
Scientific studies or not, there's just too much risk.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:05 PM   #15

wondertwin44 HB User
It may or may not contain sperm. Some say it doesnít, but where is their evidence? There is that article, but who knows if someone is just making it up whatever. Some say it does, but where is their evidence? The medical world changes all the time. Just use a frickiní condom. Itís better to be safe than sorry. Condoms should be used at all times unless you are in a completely monogamous relationship and have both been tested for STDís, but even then you canít be completely safe. People lie. People cheat. Keep yourself safe. USE A CONDOM!!!!

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Closed Thread