It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 03:37 PM  

drewmd HB User
Post penis color

Hey

My penis is normal size and everything and it functions the way it should. But it seems to be two different shades. The top of my penis is more of a redish pink color and when u go down it is my normal skin color. Is this normal???

Old 08-08-2003, 04:01 PM  

Rixtar HB User
If you are a man of any color your penis will be a different color at the glans than it is along the shaft. Much like the surface of the palm is a different color than the back of the hand. If you are circumsized then the difference may not be as evident if you are caucasian. If you have a darker skin tone then the above statement referencing the palm of your hands will apply. (Soles of your feet too.)

Many caucasian men have darker colored penises when flacid (soft) due in part to the thickness of the skin. When these men get erections the skin is stretched thinner and so the color becomes closer to the surrounding skin tone.

I hope this answers your question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 04:52 PM  

TAFF HB User
Smile

Well, I can't really answer this question, because I have the same one. The top part (but under my head) of my penis is a lighter skin tone, and in the center of my penis there is like a dark ring (sort of), its real thin, and goes all the way around my penis. From there down the skin has more of a darker (tanned) appearance. Is that normal, and do some guys have stuff like that and others just don't?
THanKs

Old 08-09-2003, 12:27 AM  

lostNlove16 HB User
I've seen plenty of penis. You're 100% normal.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:44 PM  
Inactive

focus HB User
Yes, perfectly normal. The penis has several different skin types, all with different colors. These colors are especially noticeable if you are circumcised. In a circumcised penis, going from the top toward the bottom or base of the penis, you will find the following different skin types and colors:

1 - The glans or head is usually a darker red, purplish, or sometimes dark pink color. The glans is made up of unique skin cells unlike any other on the body. They have a unique color and texture.

2 - Inner foreskin. Moving down the penis, just beneath the ridge of the head called the corona, there is about an inch or less of pink colored skin similar to the color you would find inside your cheeks in your mouth. This is a portion of your inner foreskin that is left behind from your circumcision. This skin would normally be folded over and covering the head, forming the inner part of the foreskin. When circumcised, this skin is pulled back tight and stitched to the remaining shaft skin.

3 - Circumcision Scar. Below the inner foreskin, but above the shaft skin is a thin dark colored brownish colored ring that goes all the way around the penis. It's usually located more than half way up the penis. This is the circumcision scar, and was formed where the foreskin was cut off, and the inner foreskin was attached to the base shaft skin. When it healed, the scar was left behind. Uncut guys don't have this scar.

4 - Shaft skin. Below the circumcision scar, and extending all the way down the rest of the penis to the base and body, is the main shaft skin. This skin is normal flesh color and texture, just like the rest of the skin on your body. In uncut guys, this shaft skin would go all the way to the tip of the penis when the foreskin is covering the head (so basically the entire length of the penis would be normal flesh color and texture when the foreskin is not retracted), forming the outer foreskin, then folding over at the tip with the inner foreskin forming the inside that covers and contacts the head.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-25-2003, 05:46 PM  

noonan1899 HB User
I have a question about the inner foreskin. Seems that mine was once fairly uniformly dark but now looks like it's been 'rubbed' off in large portions. It isn't painful or doesn't seem any different, it just looks spotted. Also the very bottom of the glans is showing some of the same symptoms. This appears to be from masturbating and you can look at the pattern and guess that I'm right handed. LOL. Anyway, gory details aside, I was just wondering, will the skin heal? What do I need to do, would any ointments or creams help? I would prefer it all rub off if that's going to be the case.