It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
(male)

heythereitsv HB User
Sexual desire gone?

Hi, I'm a teen and male, and I usually masturbate once a day or every other day. But suddenly, I completely lost the desire to do it at all. It's completely out of the blue, and I don't feel sexual desire anymore - I still am attracted to girls, but it's as if the drive is gone, and I don't know why.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-07-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User
Re: Sexual desire gone?

Those things can come and go. There is nothing to worry about unless you are having other health problems or are on medications that could have an impact on that, in which case you should tell your doc. Otherwise, give it time and don't worry too much about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rich775 For This Useful Post:
heythereitsv (07-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

heythereitsv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
Those things can come and go. There is nothing to worry about unless you are having other health problems or are on medications that could have an impact on that, in which case you should tell your doc. Otherwise, give it time and don't worry too much about it.
Could painkillers do anything about that? I'm taking ~3 ibuprofen a day due to getting oral surgery. Also, I had a major fight with my dad three days ago- also when it started.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

I've never heard of ibuprofen doing that, but people react to various meds in different ways, so it's possible. Any kind of major relationship issues (like the fight with your dad) are just as likely to be a cause as meds. Brief periods of depression and/or anxiety can have those effects. They usually pass with a little time.

Last edited by Rich775; 07-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
(male)

heythereitsv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
I've never heard of ibuprofen doing that, but people react to various meds in different ways, so it's possible. Any kind of major relationship issues (like the fight with your dad) are just as likely to be a cause as meds. Brief periods of depression and/or anxiety can have those effects. They usually pass with a little time.
The weird thing is that I felt much better after the fight with my dad (we got even closer afterwards, since we forgave eachother about an hour after).

Closed Thread