It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

Rockstar1234 HB User
Arrow Can you get pregnant on the first day of your period ?

Me & My boyfriend Had Unprotected sex , while on my first day of my period ! I had a tampon in & He didn't go all the way in but he did *** ! But did the pull out method ! & I don't know if precum could get you pregnant & I'm not on birth control so I'm scared, that I could be Prego

Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Can you get pregnant on the first day of your period ?

You should be fine you cannont get pregnant at the time in your cycle. However learn something from the scare you have had and get yourself some birth control, you want to enjoy your teens not have an unplanned pregnancy.

Good luck,

The Following User Says Thank You to Agenda For This Useful Post:
Rockstar1234 (08-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

I have to disagree. You COULD get pregnant during your cycle depending ON your cycle. Some girls actually ovulate right before their period would begin, during their period and right after it ends. I conceived my son by having sex the day my period ended. I knew it was that day because throughout the whole month we had sex once and it was on that day. If you have an irregular cycle then yes it could happen.

The pullout method is NOT effective although MANY rely on it. Some guys are very quick with it while some are slow. But no matter what, it doesn't matter because while a guy is penetrating a girl, some pre-ejaculation falls out and it's enough to get a girl pregnant.

Next time, make him use a condom or get on bc pills. The answer to your question is, yes, because you can get pregnant during any time of your cycle.

One last thing, please never have sex when you have a tampon inside. Toxic Shock Syndrome is no fun and I know this firsthand. And some believe if a girl has a tampon in and the guy finishes inside it will block the semen from going into her cervix but that isn't true and honestly, a very stupid thing to rely on.

Last edited by Chrissy26; 08-13-2012 at 03:44 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

On your period, withdrew before ejaculating?

It is POSSIBLE to get pregnant. It's much less LIKELY than if you'd had sex a week or two before your period and he didn't withdraw, but it's still possible. Next time, use a condom!

I just read a study from the CDC that says about 22% of children born in the US in recent years were from women who didn't intend to get pregnant but weren't using contraception. Try not to be a statistic, eh?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

that female ob/gyn on "The Doctors" said you can ovulate while you are on your period therefore you can get pregnant. cj

Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Women ovulate approximately 14 days before their next period. In fact, it's the ovulation that triggers the next period. The variable in a woman's cycle is the amount of time between her period and the NEXT ovulation, not between ovulation and menstruation.

Therefore, a woman can't ovulate 'a few days before' her next period, that phase of the cycle just can't be that short, biologically.

As for a woman can ovulating during her cycle, this can happen if woman has a VERY VERY VERY short cycle (15 to 20 days) and a long period.

There is no way you had already gone into the ovulation phase on the first day of your period.

In fact, of all the days in the entire cycle, the first day of the period is probably the safest. (Not that I'm advocating ever using the rhythm method!)

Anyway, all that was to say that there's absolutely no way you can get pregnant from what you did. So you don't need to stress (but I would advise going to buy some condoms! )

The Following User Says Thank You to Thisby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
(female)

Rockstar1234 HB User

Thank you so much ! Best answer thy hasn't freaked me out so bad ! Maybe I ahoy included that my period lasts 7 days . But once again thank you !

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, sex, tampons