It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

Rawrftw021 HB User
Exclamation period help ?

ohkay so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex like 3 weeks ago almost 4 weeks ago. and i should be getting my period this week. im on birth control. and ive took it everyday. only one day i didnt take it on time i took like like at 1pm instead of around 9:40ish when o usually take it. its my second day of being on the white pill and i have no spotting or anything. we had sex yesterday with a condom and without a condom. he pulled out. i know we shouldnt do that. :/ but i saw him both two times pull out and like 'came' in his hand. so it didnt go inside me. im really worried. ive been on the pill for like more than 6 months. help please. im scared. oh and i dont remember if it was last month of the month before i was one or two days late. so i dont know of that is normal. i usually get it two or one days in taking the white pill. im just worried cause we had sex. thanks anything will help.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

alexyt123 HB User
Re: period help ?

As a woman and a mother that got that way by forgetting her birth control, I would like to answer your question. If you have really taken the pill everyday, you should be just fine. It takes many years for your period to be completely regular. It usually varies from month to month and can jump around. If you take it inconsistently (like missing 3 days out of the week all the time like I did) then you could have a problem. Ideally, it should be taken around the same time everyday but missing the mark once in a while by a few hours is not going to get your pregnant. IMHO, your sexual health (as far as STDs go) should be more of a concern if you are having unprotected sex. The pill is proven to be very effective against pregnancy but of course it does nothing for STD's. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-29-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: period help ?

If your concern is having sex while taking the placebo/off week pills, it's OK to hav sex then. If you are on the pill, once you've been on long enough to be full protected (varies with type) then you are protected for any time. The pill isn't just protection for the day you take it.

Closed Thread