It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(male)

Donny99 HB User
Smegma under foreskin problem

Hello,

I can feel smegma under my foreskin but when I roll the foreskin back over the head of the penis, there is no smegma to be found.

When the foreskin is rolled back the smegma disappears but when the foreskin is over the head of the penis you can feel the smegma under the head of the penis.

Its very strange and for some reason when the foreskin is rolled back the smegma disappears.

Does anyone know what this is because I can feel it under there but when I roll the foreskin back to clean it there is nothing there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Smegma under foreskin problem

Hey Donny. If you do have smegma, it will be instantly visible as a white substance when you retract your foreskin. If you can't see any white stuff, you don't have smegma. Smegma can't be "felt" in the way you describe. Find a good description of smegma.

Perhaps there is an irritation from something else under your foreskin; for example, if you pull back your foreskin in the shower and wash that area using soap, it may be the soap that is irritating your skin. Try using just water and the friction of your fingers to clean your exposed glans.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
(male)

aowshea HB Useraowshea HB Useraowshea HB User

One word,

Smegma resembles the wax.

If wax is under a mild heat, it melt a bit. The heat is from your blood flow and helped by the warmth of foreskin coverage.
When wax oxidized with air, it's hardening and becomes solid and bright. Same treatment happens to smegma.

Actually the smegma is still there, but if you look carefully, there is a bright surface after the smegma made contact with air, for a while. Same happened to smegma that sticks to foreskin.

And that's why more, your foreskin cannot cover properly after smegma became solid and bright.

But smegma is not wax.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
(male)

Donny99 HB User

So I don't have smegma? That makes sense because I wash twice a day but I don't what this stuff is under the head of my penis. If feels like smegma but I guess it can't be.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
(male)

aowshea HB Useraowshea HB Useraowshea HB User

I think it's just your foreskin. That lower area is very sensitive.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

I'm sorry to step on anyone's toes here, but I do think you probably know what smegma is and where it is (better than we do). There actually is a somewhat common cause of 'invisible smegma' like this.

I think what you might be describing is a foreskin adhesion. Are you saying there's an area between your glans and foreskin that can get smegma trapped in it, but it's only open a little bit at the underside of your penis? (It's only open around the frenulum?) An occluded adhesion like this is practically impossible to clean inside, so it pretty much always gets smegma. So yes, that is smegma you're feeling under the foreskin in the occluded space of the foreskin adhesion.

The way to clean this (for now) is to force water in from the underside. Force water in at the bottom so that it goes around the penis behind the glans and comes out the other side. You pretty much need a small tube hooked to a faucet to do this. (I'd say don't use high pressure, but you'd probably gather that from the fact that it hurts like crazy. That's the most sensitive part of your penis behind there.)

They say an adhesion like this is a natural part of the development of all men, but in most cases they've already separated by adolescence (around 90% or so I believe). See the sticky thread on the Men's Health board Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis). At the bottom of that thread are some instructions about stretching to correct adhesions. I know it can be really weird because it looks like continuous skin. It's not actually, if you just keep applying gentle tension to it once or twice a day, it will separate after a week or two. (Don't ever apply so much tension that it hurts. That's unnecessary and may cause injury!)

Oh and I should say, there are some cases where it may not be correctable with stretching, but in that case it won't break your penis to try to correct it, it just won't separate. (The only thing that could "break" your penis is if the frenulum is very short and tears from getting pulled back to far. This is not likely to be your problem, but it too is also correctable with regular gentle stretching--there are directions on the previously mentioned thread.)

I said it's natural, but I've read that it can also be a consequence of a common medical mistake. It can cause adhesions to have the foreskin 'forcibly retracted' before it's ready (sometimes it's not able to retract until further development). So when it's forced back (ripped open essentially), it damages parts so that when it's returned to normal position, the raw wounds heal together and then don't want to separate as easily.

Closed Thread