It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(male)

MHB M HB User
Orange spots in groin area

I think I have some orange spots under my pubic hair in the groin area. They are not bumps or lumps, and they don't hurt at all. I just wondered what this is, is it safe, and if not how to cure it.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Orange spots in groin area

This is just a guess, but it sounds a bit like a common bacterial infection of the hairs in the armpits and pubic area caused by Corynebacteria. (The infection itself is called trichomycosis axillaris.) It can be asymptomatic or create something that looks like yellow, black or red crud stuck to the hair shaft. Do you have hair any crud on that hair?

If that's what it is (or for most any skin infection) it should help to treat and to prevent this to keep the area clean and dry and wash it regularly with soap and water. Personally, I really like the anti-microbial soap Neutrogena T/Gel. It's actually sold as a shampoo, but it's a good liquid soap too. It's also very drying.

If hygiene alone doesn't get it, using an topical antibiotic should clear up the infection (like erythromycin or clindamycin cream or about any over-the-counter antibiotic cream). It's easy to kill the infection, but it's likely to return if you don't keep the area cleaner and dryer than you had been before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread