It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2003, 02:50 PM   #1

blurr HB User
Post One little bump on lips/labia..what could this be?

Hi all...

I have been panicking becaue I have a physical for next week. I am overly cautious about my health, and have taken all precautions in terms of using protection with other partners. Over the past many months, I have what I've noticed to be a small bump. It is just one...and has been there for months. Doesn't go away, but doesn't hurt or anything. The rest of the area around my vagina is fairly OK looking. I was examining myself in a mirror, down there, and really wanted to see if there were any other bumps. There are not. It is just one, smallish, pimple like bump..actually right on the lining of the labia, still within the area where there is hair. It just looks like a small pimple, but it doesn't hurt. I've never really taken any notice of this before and have always used protection (until my current partner, but he is "clean"). What could this be? I am nervous!

Old 04-10-2003, 05:42 PM   #2

blurr HB User
And I should mention, that the small bump doesn't have any pus-filled centre, it is simply hard and skin coloured. It is almost hard to notice on my skin, even if you look REALLY, REALLY hard (I kept loosing sight of it in the mirror, and I was really pulling skin back and looking for it). However, it has been there at least 4 months, and hasn't hurt me at all, and I don't even really notice it most of the time. However, I am worried that it might be an STD that I picked up from a previous partner, even though have always used condoms. What do you all think?

Please respond!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2003, 05:13 AM   #3
Inactive

chippie HB User
Probably just a clogged pore. I have had them before and they feel like a little hard pimple that won't pop. I've never looked at them so can't describe them. My gyno at an exam told me what mine was though. Have your Doc peek if you are really concerned. Better safe than sorry no?

Old 04-12-2003, 03:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I'll second the clogged pore theory. I had that but in a different location to where your "bump" is. It will either just go away or might break out similar to a pimple and then just go away.

Always get a doctor to have a look as even though we're mainly guessing in here and damn good guessers i'm sure.....it's not like being a trained expert and seeing it and diagnosing it.

Closed Thread