It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #1

crustytheclone HB User
Question Where is the Hymen?

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male and I have a question to any ladies out there who would listen. Getting straight to the point...where exactly is the Hymen situated? Is it to the back of the vagina or more to the front? I'm no expert as I'm still a virgin, but I have had the pleasure of 'fingering' two previous girlfriends of mine. Both told me they were virgins but when I entered them with my finger I did'nt feel a Hymen. I know that a woman's hymen can be broken without losing her virginity (e.g. through sport) but is it really that common? I would just like someone to satisfy my curiosity and tell me where exactly the hymen is situated. Does it vary from woman to woman? Can I even 'feel' it while inserting a finger? It's just that if a girl tells me she's a virgin, and I don't feel a hymen like I expect to, I start wondering if she's telling the truth or not. Anyway, I hope somebody can answer mmy question. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Since you have only fingered 2 virgins, for all you know, they feel totally different from non-virgins. How would you know? You aren't a doctor and you shouldn't be doubting these women based on your inexpert hands. In fact it's almost insulting for you to be doubting these women based on what you "expect" a hymen to feel like.

Anyway, the hymen is situated at the opening of the vagina. And the opening in an intact hymen is quite often large enough to insert tampons or finger-sized objects through. So unless you have incridibly large fingers, or were sticking 3 fingers in there, it's very possible these 2 women still had their hymens. Virgins are quite often fingered with no problem, but when it comes time for intercourse, yeeouch...

And equally possible is that these women have broken their hymens through means other than intercourse. Anything from sports to tampon use to masturbation...

Either way, you're never going to know unless you decided to go to medical school, study the differences, and then give your next girlfriend an examination (keeping in mind that no hymen does not equal non virgin). So, you can either trust them or not. Up to you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2003, 09:15 AM   #3

sprout HB User
I agree with Thisby 100% on this.

Does it really matter that much to you crusty? If you are having difficulties trusting a girl when she says she is a virgin, how are you going to trust her on more important issues? It seems as if you are looking for a way to either prove or disprove what you are being told by these girls. Have these girls lied to you about other issues and that is why you do not trust them on this one?

As Thisby indicated, the hymen can be broken in ways that do not include sexual intercourse. You just have to decide what is more important to you...getting involved with a virgin...or focusing your attention more on the girls personality and trust her until such time as she gives you just cause not to.

Good luck to you either way,

sprout

Old 04-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #4

crustytheclone HB User
Thank you for answering my question. I didnt meant to offend anybody, I was just curious. And yes, both girls have lied to me before so I had reason to doubt them. The first girl led me to believe she was a virgin, then had sex with another guy (which I did'nt know about and caused us to break up later on), and after that I did'nt feel any difference. So I was just wondring. Thanks again.

Closed Thread