It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 02:53 PM   #1

moxiegirl HB User
Question horny during "that time of the month"

Am I the only girl that gets incredibly horny while they are on their period?? I don't know what it is, but those 4 or 5 days I am horny 24-7!!!! What should I do about it? I mean, is it okay to masturbate (clitoral stimulation only) while you have a tampon in. I know not to have sex while I have a tampon in, but what are some ways people have solved this problem??
Thanks!! moxie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
You are not alone!!! I get very horny during my period. And I masturbate to relieve it, and it actually makes the cramps ease up too, which is even better. As for intercourse during your period, the tampon has to come out. Some guys don't mind the blood so some options are to do it in the shower or lay a towel or two down on the bed (remove the white sheets!). My current bf couldn't care less and it can get pretty messy sometimes but whatever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 03:34 PM   #3

moxiegirl HB User
Thanks! I also was wondering if having sex during your period might help with getting all the excess junk
thanks!!
moxie

Old 04-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
I found a great way to have sex during one's period and not have a mess... Dh is not into but since I started using Instead Cups he has been fine with it. Reason being is as long as they are put in right there is no mess whatsoever. He says he cant even feel it during sex.
I get mine at Target stores. I havent been able to find them at any other stores though. If you dont know what they are then here is the info. They are small bowl shape kind of like a diaphragm that one can use instead of tampons or pads. You can wear them longer than tampons(up to 12 hours). So far there doesnt seemt o be the same risks as tampons such as TSS.
I know it sounds strange and at first I was one that wasnt going to have anything to do with it. But since I tried it there is no way I am going back to tampons or pads. Another thing is I have actually cut down on what I spend on tampons since switching. It seemed like I was forever buying antoher box of tampons. But with the Instead cups one box lasted me through four cycles and that was even giving some to a friend so she could try them.
You can do a search and look at the sites that talk about them.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 04-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
Inactive

Pandabaire2 HB User
I get extremely horny during my period as well, by my hubby is grossed out by the thought of having sex while I'm menstrating so I don't get any while I'm on the rag!!

Old 04-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #6

jilly0123 HB User
Yeah, I go crazy while I'm on my period. I almost can't wait till the last day. My bf thinks its pretty gross too. You're def. not alone.

Old 04-23-2003, 09:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
jilly, I am the same way. That last day I am so horny! well, ok, even the day before that!
Tink

Old 04-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #8

moreen33 HB User
I am completely the same way...I hate to admit it but I am usually horny a lot, but during my period, it's crazy! My ex-bf always used to know when I was about to/or having my period, and not because of mood swings, but because I was extra affectionate towards him and would jump him once I saw him walk through my door

Old 04-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #9

moxiegirl HB User
Wink

I agree with all of you! Definitely the last day I am the most horny (which was yesterday ) I'll have to try the shower thing, might be more appealing to my partner! Thanks so much for all of your replies... any more suggestions/stories are welcome!!
moxie

Old 04-24-2003, 08:14 PM   #10
Inactive

diva2003 HB User
Thumbs up

Hey I'm the same as all of you! It seems like I'm more horny during my period than any other time. I'm glad that my man doesn't think it's gross to have sex while I'm on my cycle.

Div

Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #11

BkrChyk HB User
My boyfriend doesnt mind doing the stuff while I am on my period. I share the same problem. He says as long as I am comfortable with messing around while on my period, then thats fine with him. He is not grossed out at all with anything that is natural, including the period. This is usually when i am most in the mood

------------------
-- Good Luck!
Sex: Female

Old 04-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #12

Basslinegirl HB User
Hey all.... This is in response to first Blastoff9600. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mentioned you're using a diaphragm type thing instead of a tampon or pad? Does that mean that the blood doesn't drain until you remove it?

In response to sex during our periods... It's the best. :-))

V

~ Nathaniel Hawthorne~

Old 04-25-2003, 03:31 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
The Instead cup collects it. Do a search and type in INSTEAD CUPS and you will find all the info you need.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 04-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #14
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
I went out today and found the Instead cups. They were about $6 for 14. I got them at a pharmacy called CVS.

They do look odd, being that I always use tampons. I was curious, so I decided to try them. I'm guessing it will take some practice to get the hang of insertion, but I think I like the idea, and only time will tell how I feel about them
I was happy about the find, and practiced with one, adn it seemed easier than it sounded. I can't wait to see hwo well they work!
It won't be an issue for my partner, being that he doesn't care too much about mess, and it has never stopped us.
Still, thanks to the poster who mentioned this product!

Old 04-27-2003, 06:31 AM   #15
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
I just have to say I did try the Instead cups and last night when my partner and I made love, he said he couldn't feel it at all. He said if I hadn't told him, he wouldn't have known it was there lol. I alredy like these things

I'm just wondering about taking them out when they are full. Sounds stupid, but does the blood spill out in the process? How do I ensure it doesn't? As you can tell, this is obviously my first time with these.

Closed Thread