HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Women (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/)
-   -   Shaving your vaginal area (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/100332-shaving-your-vaginal-area.html)

lalagirl 12-11-2002 01:10 PM

Shaving your vaginal area

I have a few questions about shaving your vaginal area. First off, do guys prefer it or do they not care? If so, how much do they like shaved off? Second, how can you shave without getting those bumps. Is there something you can put on it so it goes away? Lastly, I have a question about guys going down. How can you tell if you smell down there and how can you fix that? Thanx. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

~Me~

Blastoff9600 12-11-2002 02:12 PM

Ok first and foremost dont shave because a guy/guys prefer. Shave for yourself. When I started shaving years ago I did it because I was curious about it. My Dh wound up loving it as much as I did.
This is what works for me when it comes to shaving. If it is your first time shaving them trim the hair very short with scissors or a beard trimmer(if one is handy). Then get in the shower and let warm water soak the area. Take a new razor and shave with the hair growth(downward) dont shave over the same area more than twice. Then you can shave against the hair growth(upward) for a smooth feel. After that I put on nonscented lotion and then avoid putting on clothes for about 10 mintues or more. This is the way I have been doing it for years now and so far have had no problems with bumps or rashes.
There is a product called Bikini Zone that I have also been using over the past few months instead of lotion and I like it.
But again dont shave just because it is something guys prefer. There are quite a few guys who do prefer that a girl not shave.

Thisby 12-11-2002 03:59 PM

How can you tell if you smell down there? Rub yourself with your fingers and smell your fingers. If you smell normal, there you go. Worried anyway? Wash with plain old soap and water (externally), and make sure you're nice and ventilated.

Erin73 01-31-2003 02:35 PM

Hwats this about soap?? Thisby can you please reply back. THANK YOU!

StevePA 03-07-2003 11:06 AM

Just to give you a man's point of view, guys love it. shave it all, or shave all but a small patch, or shave your boyfriend's initals in it, shave it in a small "v" (just some thoughts)....we love it, trust me!

There you have it, another country heard from.

wazzle 03-07-2003 12:48 PM

bumps really aren't a big problem. I'm completely shaved and my boyfriend loves it. I also shave in the shower similar to another person who already posted. It can get to be a bit of a pain though, so definitely don't do if for your man...you're the one who's going to have to deal with it on a daily basis.

pacu 03-07-2003 05:22 PM

Well here's another man's point of view, I sometimes like my wife to not shave. I dont want a bush down there either where I cant see the goods if you know what I mean, but its sometimes nice to see it different also, there's something sexy about seeing a woman's pubic hairs, a nice, neat trim bush is always sexy to look at. So it's not so much what other men like rather than what your man likes.

Peace!

lil red chevy 03-07-2003 05:53 PM

Blastoff,

I always get a rash and bumps if I shave upwards. I have noticed that you dont really get a clean shave with just shaving downwards and it seems to grow in twice as fast. So youre saying that if I shave downwards first then I shave upwards and use a lotion and air dry I might not get the rash and bumps?

lil red chevy

Blastoff9600 03-07-2003 07:35 PM

Lil red chevy,it works for me. I dont have red bumps or rashes when I shave that way and I have been doing that way for years.

PixieDust 03-08-2003 03:17 PM

i have never shaved completely but i have trimmed it and it always seems to itch!!! does anyone know why or how to prevent it??

SheeSpy 03-12-2003 04:14 PM

Did anyone see the post in the mens Sexual Health? It is great, there is an actual razor on the market specifically made for "down there"! I have been shaving for years, and was so excited to hear about it I actually ordered it today.
Good Luck

wrin 03-12-2003 07:57 PM

I just tried today -- usually I'm hideously itchy and razorburned and today I pulled out the big guns.

I got a proper shaving cream especially for extra-sensitive skin -- says it's for 'areas like' bikini zone, so that's the cream I shaved with. It's called Skintimate and it comes in a yellow can, if you're interested.

I used a new blade on the razor, and I also was curious about this Ban thing, it's an underarm antiperspirant but I had heard some other girls SWEAR by it for killing razor burn, so I bought some, and I tried it. I kept it away from mucous membranes and mostly just smeared it on the front and so far... not an itch, not a mite of irritation. I'm really impressed!

One thing I found that helped was to kind of shave in 'stages' -- sit up on the edge of the tub and do a chunk and then get back down in the tub and soak a little while, then get up and do it all over again 'til you're done.

I'll let you know how it goes!

jeffery 05-07-2003 02:15 AM

I like it when a women shave down there. It just shows me that she will take the time to take care of herself.

Midge130 05-08-2003 04:32 AM

My dh loves it when I'm shaved. I have a hard time doing it myself, so he does it for me!! He enjoys it very much!

budman 05-08-2003 07:45 AM

I've tried many times to talk my g/f into doing it but so far the most she will do is trim it. She wants to know why I want to have sex with a little girl and not a woman! I told her the reason I want her to do it is I find the vagina to be absolutely beautiful and erotic without all of that hair hiding it! Like a pretty, pink flower...