It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #1

robinbanks HB User
Post chapped vagina (vulva)

I recently went to the doctor and found out that I had a yeast infection. He prescribed the Diflucan pill which I took already and metrogel for the burning sensation.

Problem is it burns on the outside- looking from my mirror I can see little like slits- the same way it looks when someone has really chapped lips. My only theory was to put on vaseline or something like that. Has anyone experienced something like this? What other creams should I use. By the way the yeast infection is gone (it was cause by antibiotics I was taking).

Please help me! I want to get back to having sex and I've had this for about 4 days with no improvement

Old 05-23-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

Carnival_Angel HB User
I have never heard of this but that doesnt mean its uncommon. Why dont you just tell your doctor whats going on and ask for his advice. You wouldnt want to just asume because thats what it looks like that putting something on that may harm you. Please go to your doctor and let him know whats going on, maybe your having a weird reaction to the meds.

------------------
* ~ JeN JeN ~ *

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I recently had a case of thrush which was difficult to get rid of. It was very annoying as i've not suffered from it for about 5 years and do all the right things!!

So finally felt as though it had gone and i was checking to see if all looked healthy and for days now i've seen a red, kind of sensitive patch of skin in the vulva area (so hard to describe exact spot!!) My doctor said it was nothing to worry about and to just leave it and it would heal on its own. It used to sting a bit when i'd apply the thrush creams and i've never had anything like this before. Maybe it's just a reaction to the products i was using.....Anyway, sounds a bit like the condition which you have at the moment.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #4
Inactive

liliwoman HB User
That sounds really uncomfortable. I agree that you should talk to your doctor about it. One thing I've found super helpful in terms of avoiding yeast infections and moisturizing my vaginal area is using a non animal glycerin based lubricant (animal glycerin converts to surgar immediately inside your body which can promote yeast). Switching to a non-glycerin based lube helped but what really made the biggest difference was using a lube with grapefruit seed extract and hemp seed oil - it's virtually gotten rid of my yeast infections. I went from having many a month to having 2 minor ones in nine months. The lube is called O'My. I heard about it from a friend but had a lot of trouble finding it. I eventually go it through the company's website. They are in Canada and don't have much US distribution. Also, the hemp seed oil is very moisturizing and has kept my tissue very soft.

Hope that helps.

lili

Closed Thread