It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 12:16 AM   #1

DoctaPeppa316 HB User
Question Treatment or explanation for small vaginal cuts?

Hi,
My g/f has two small cuts, similar to paper cuts, on either side of her labia, near the back of the vaginal opening towards the anus. We have been sexually active for about 3 months, and they appeared around a month and a half ago and we thought they would go away, but they keep coming back during sex. They also appeared when she was on her period, most likely due to the insertion/removal of a tampon. We were both virgins, so that pretty much rules out any sexually transmitted diseases. We think that it occured because she was too dry at one point early on when we first became active and she got on top and the friction caused the cuts...as it also caused small scrapes on my penis (it was a sex session lasting over an hour and a half...so the lubrication eventually ran out...lol), but those went away within a few days. It's just really annoying for her as it hurts her when she urinates and sometimes hurts during sex. If anyone has had this same thing happen and knows what it is, or knows of any kind of home treatment, please let me know. I am a very concerned boyfriend. Thank you!

Old 07-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Hi, she should definately go see a doctor. It may be just from friction from sex while not lubricated enough, especially if you guys use latex condoms, or it could be that she has an infection, like a yeast infection or BV, and the irritation is from that. Now, I don't want to scare you, cause it could be many, many things, (maybe even an allergy to the laundry detergent she uses?) but I have genital herpes, and when I get outbreaks, I do not get blisters or anything, I just get 1 or 2 tiny cuts or tears in the skin between my vagina and my anus, and my skin gets irritated feeling. Also, it is common for herpes outbreaks to occur during a woman's period. Like I said, I don't want to scare you guys or anything as there are so many other things it could be, but next time she gets them, she should see a gyn and tell the doc everything about when the occur, how often, etc. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #3

DoctaPeppa316 HB User
Devastated,
I really don't think it's herpes, and I'm sorry you have that. These cuts go away, and as my g/f says, pretty much heal over but come back again during sex or any other activity that might pull that area of skin...like removing a tampon. It's not like an "outbreak" or anything. That's why I was pretty much certain it was not some disease. It also isn't irritated. It doesn't itch or burn and the only time it hurts is sometimes during or after sex and when urinating (just stings...obviously from the acid). She also said that it never hurts bad...just a small dull irritating pain. Like I said, reminiscent of a paper cut. Thanks for the advice though . Does anyone else know anything?

Old 07-17-2003, 12:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by DoctaPeppa316:
Devastated,
I really don't think it's herpes, and I'm sorry you have that. These cuts go away, and as my g/f says, pretty much heal over but come back again
Hi there, actually, herpes comes and goes too. It will heal up, then come back later, some times weeks, sometimes months, and with women, a menstrual period will often trigger it. Anyways, I would definately have her go see her doc, a doc would be much better at diagnosing something. I would imagine a yeast infection, a UTI, or something like that could cause that kind of irritation. Also, do you know what kind of detergent she uses? Maybe her skin is sensative because of the dyes and perfumes in it the detergent she uses. I know that irritates me some, so I use hypo-allergenic laundry detergent to wash underwear. Does she wear thongs or g-strings? I know if you wear those and they are too tight, they can cause irritation.

Old 07-17-2003, 01:04 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User
I get these sometimes if my b/f and I don't have enough lubrication during sex. Its frustrating, really. I had one that took about 2 weeks to heal.

Tell her to try putting a little neosporin (sp?) on it, as long as the cut is on the outside. It should help it heal up faster. Just make sure you take it easy the next few times so it doesn't open back up!

Did she bleed at all after sex?

Old 07-17-2003, 04:08 PM   #6

DoctaPeppa316 HB User
Yeah, the cut bled slightly...hardly at all. Thanks for the advice though. She will try that! Anymore advice anyone?

Old 07-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #7

MMCs_Baby HB User
Hello, Just lettin you know, My b/f was my first and I was his , and I just went ot my Dr today cuz i have the same thing and she said its a very good chance that it is Herpes...but not to worry cuz some ppl only have outbreaks every 6 or 8 months and many ppl get and outbreak onetime and thats it... Just have her go to ther Dr and check it out. Good Luck!!

~MMCsBaby

Old 07-18-2003, 04:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by MMCs_Baby:
Hello, Just lettin you know, My b/f was my first and I was his , and I just went ot my Dr today cuz i have the same thing and she said its a very good chance that it is Herpes...but not to worry cuz some ppl only have outbreaks every 6 or 8 months and many ppl get and outbreak onetime and thats it... Just have her go to ther Dr and check it out. Good Luck!!

~MMCsBaby
Hello MMC, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that that isn't what it is. Although, from your post, it sounds like your doctor suspects that you have type 1 (from the outbreak schedule she gave you), and since you were both virgins. Type 1 herpes is the kind that usually causes cold sores orally, so you probably contracted it by having oral sex performed on you by someone who has had a cold sore before and was shedding the virus at the time(even if they had only one coldsore as a kid, and never got them again, they still harbor the virus and can spread it, and over 80% of Americans have herpes type 1 orally). That's how I got it, so even someone who is technically a virgin can get herpes. It's so wierd, it's like catching an STD from someone who doesn't have an STD, you know? Anyways, good luck, and don't let it get you down! If it turns out that it is, in fact, herpes, there is a great genital herpes support board on here you may want to visit.

Old 07-31-2003, 07:23 AM   #9

sKEeRed HB User
Unhappy

Hi, my boyfriend was my first time and we began like 7 months ago. It's only recently that i began getting little cuts around my vagina and anus area. My boyfriend doesn't know yet but i do plan on telling him in a few minutes. My parents doesnt know that i am active and i dont kno if i can go see my gyn because my mom usually goes with me. Is there any advice for me from anyone?

Old 07-31-2003, 10:24 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by sKEeRed:
Hi, my boyfriend was my first time and we began like 7 months ago. It's only recently that i began getting little cuts around my vagina and anus area. My boyfriend doesn't know yet but i do plan on telling him in a few minutes. My parents doesnt know that i am active and i dont kno if i can go see my gyn because my mom usually goes with me. Is there any advice for me from anyone?

Go to planned parenthood, you can go without your mom, and they are extremely cheap, if not free. You should be tested for herpes, but other non-std infections could cause irritation/cuts, like a yeast infection or BV. Good luck.

Old 07-31-2003, 07:55 PM   #11

LolyPopKLE HB User
Hey, me and my bf were each others first and sometimes i go dry in the middle of sex, and sometimes i dont and i dont know what causes that, but also right after sex when i go to the bathroom it burns when i urinate. not the kind of burn that is a urinary track infection but the kind like there is soap on in your eyes or a cut. i dont know it they are cuts down there, i thought it was razor burn from where i shave, but it also happens when i dont shave. this burning will last for about an hour after i use the bathroom...i wish i knew what that was too. and then once the burning goes away i get cramps like i am on my period....??

Old 08-01-2003, 01:41 PM   #12

JesusGirl HB User
Last night, after oral with my bf, I found those little cuts around my labia, and they started bleeding mildly. It was the 2nd time this had happened. I was also a bit inflamed and irritated, although not a lot. I went to the doctor today to get them checked out, and also to see if I had a yeast infection. The doctor did some tests on me, and actually found a couple of warts (they didnít look like warts really, because they were so little, but I guess they were) in addition to the cuts, and she said that sheís fairly sure itís herpes. Me and my bf havenít had sex, but he likes going down on me, and he had a cold sore once when he was like 10, and apparently the virus can still be shedding and thatís how I got it. Heís the only guy Iíve been intimate with like this.
I am still waiting for the actual tests to be returned, but it looks like it is herpes. I told my bf, and was feeling pretty bad, because now I have an STD Ė Iím a virgin with an STD, and I got it from a guy who doesnít have any STDs. Geez. I donít want to tell anyone. But my bf is super supportive. He feels like a jerk, and feels really bad, but it doesnít change how he feels about me at all, and he still wants to be intimate with me (weíre talking about marriage). He wanted to pay for the whole cost of the prescription that reduces the herpes ($200, but I told him that I really appreciate that, but that if he wants to pay, that we should split it. I just canít believe that Iíve never had sex, but I now have an STD. From a cold sore!!

Old 08-01-2003, 02:42 PM   #13

sunshineL HB User
Wow, I must say I have learned alot from this post. I had no clue you could get herpes like that. I am sorry to hear about all this but it sounds as though the majority of women have the same problem. Good Luck to you all!!

Old 08-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #14

AbleLena HB User
Hi,

I'm not a doctor, this is just a personal anecdote, but perhaps it will help some of you.

I used to get those cuts other posters have described. I've repeatedly had myself fully tested for every possible STD. The tests have always been negative. I finally figured out that I had recurrent years infections. They were so mild that the symptoms were not like what yeast infections are usually described as - I just kept getting these cuts.

What finally helped, after years of trying various natural and prescription remedies, was boric acid. Boric acid is sold as a powder in some pharmacies and health food stores. DO NOT SWALLOW BORIC ACID. Fill small gel caps with the powder and insert the caps in the vagina to dissolve over night. You may need to do it for several nights in a row, then use one cap on the first day of every period if you still have a problem. DO NOT allow your partner to perform oral sex on you after you have treated yourself with the cap until you get a chance to bathe out the boric acid. DO NOT let your partner ingest the boric acid.

Apparently, this is a remedy that naturopaths have suggested for years, but I only heard about it this year. They say it works by gently lowering the vaginal pH to about 5, because boric acid is of the same pH as your vagina should be. When the pH of your vagina stays properly low, yeast have an harder time growing.

It has done wonders for me. I don't get those cuts at all now and it is a huge relief. Also, a 12 month supply of powder and gel caps cost me about $6, so it's also the cheapest remedy I've used.

Some people also sell premade caps that contain herbs in addition to the boric acid. They're a lot more expensive and the one I tried caused some really unpleasant irritation. The plain boric acid only gets irritating if I use it more than a few days in a row.

Lena

Closed Thread