It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Post Pain while having orgasm

Has anyone else experienced having cramping pain in there vagina when they have an orgasm. I seem to be having a problem with this lately and not sure why. It's on the left side of my vagina wall and I never have any pain there any other time. Is there any kind of sexually transmitted disease that can cause that or could it just be a muscle thing. It feels like the muscle is cramping up. I have never had this problem before. I haven't been having sex lately as often as I used to so maybe the muscle during having an orgasm hurts because of this I don't know I just am not sure what the problem could be. I will visit my doctor soon if the problem continues. It's happened about the last 4 times I have had sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 01:03 AM   #2

Flash13 HB User
Hi,
I donít have any answers for you, but I thought I would push your post up to the top. I wrote a post regarding the issue of pain and orgasm and nobody answered it. Maybe someone will see this and give us some insight!!!
My pain hit right after, but it was more pelvic related. I had some vaginal pain..sharp..but the pelvic pain that hit lasted about 4 hours and darn near sent me to the ER. It was horrible!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 10:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
How long have you had this problem? Did it happen only that once or does it happen each time? My pain goes away right after but it does not make it very desireable to have sex these days. I have a low labido anyways from taking the birth control pill and now having pain during sex isn't helping to increase my labido at all.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #4

buttahroo HB User
I can totally relate to this. It's been happening to me for a long time, and even during sexual arousal I would get a painful cramping sensation, right on down to my anal area. Doesn't do much but take away from what should be an extremely pleasurable moment.
However, I saw my gynocologist last week. I explained everything to her, she inserted her fingers into my vagina and moved them around, hurt like hell. Turns out I suffer from vaginismus and on top of that vulvar vestibulitis. Vaginismus isn't entirely uncommon, many women suffer from it. It has everything to do with your vaginal muscle and the inability to relax it. Next time you go pee, try and stop the flow by tightening up; that's the muscle I seem to have no control over, and the one that's causing me so much grief. Vaginismus can be caused by many things; they claim it's mostly psychological. Fear of intercourse, pregnancy, STD's, living with an STD, previous sexual abuse, surgery.
As for me, I have HPV, and in Feb underwent laser surgery to remove some internal warts. You might want to try kegel exercises, aerobics for your vagina if you will. Or there are always vaginal dilators, but for now I'm sticking with kegels. Your best bet is to visit your gyno to find out for sure. When I told her my symptoms (the pain with orgasm, arousal) she pretty much knew but the finger insertion was what sealed it.
Just a quick question: do you find that with penetration you have pain or a burning sensation too?

Best of luck,

buttahroo.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
I have no pain or burning during penetration at all that's what makes it wierd to me. It's only during an orgasm and we don't even have to be having intercourse for it to hurt during an orgasm. Maybe there is something to that psycological thing. I had hpv about two years ago on my cervix that was removed with the leep procedure. Ever since then I just don't feel the same about sex. At first I wasn't interested in sex at all but just forced myself because I didn't want to never have sex anymore and obviously my husband didn't want that either. Then my labido came back but not taking birth control pills has pretty much almost completely depleted it again. Did your doctor mention anything about birth control pills possibly being linked to the pain?

Old 08-12-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
I meant to say but now taking birth control pills.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #7

buttahroo HB User
Actually, I haven't taken BCP in years. I went off of them in my early 20's. Now that I'm a li'l over 30 I'm somewhat leery about taking them again, with the side effects and advancing age. My bf and I use only condoms; we're both fully aware that he can still get HPV despite that(even though my internal/external warts are gone), but we're both at the point where we know we're going to be together for the rest of our lives. Your case sounds very similair to mine tho (save for you not having pain with penetration). At some point during oral sex, I have that sharp, horrible pain, and then during orgasm it comes back again and goes away shortly after. Can you feel yourself tightening up at all while he's visiting the south? Maybe right before orgasm? We tried oral stimulation just last nite actually, and I found that if I bear down ever so slightly, the pain is hardly there. It was actually the nicest feeling I've had in months, quite different than what I'm used to. It felt a li'l bit like I had to pee, but not quite the same, if that makes sense. An altogether different sensation. However it will be a while before we attempt penetration. It's interesting that you're in the same boat as me too (HPV).
Unfortunately for me, my doc's office called me today to tell me that my pap in July came back abnormal (I've had HPV for around a year now, my 1st abnormal pap ever) and they want to set up a colposcopy ASAP. 2nd day of vacation and I'm more than worried. I realize I might be combining 2 topics here, but what's your experience with this Kari?

buttahroo.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
When I had an abnormal pap about two years ago I had a colposcopy and it showed I had mild and moderate dysplasia. When it shows only mild they usually don't do anything about it they just wait for the cells to go away on there own and they normally do 80% of the time. My doctor told me 99% of the time dysplasia is hpv so he said I have hpv. Well since mine was moderate dysplasia they have to remove it because it has a higher chance of turning into cancer. I was so afraid and upset at the time it all happened. I never thought I would ever get a sexually transmitted disease. My doctor made me feel a little better by telling me that 60% of sexually active women will get it in there lifetime and he said he was being conservative with that estimation. I had the leep which I will explain to you in further detail if you need to have it also but it's basically using an electrical wire loop to cut out the effected area. It is not as big of a deal as it sounds but the initial shock of even having hpv made it worse then it really is. Ever since then I have had pap smears every 4 months for the last two years and they have all come back normal. I still worry each time I go in there but I know I am keeping on top of it and to keep doing so is very important otherwise it can turn into cancer but it takes 5 years or more of not even having pap smears for it to actually get to that point. It's very slow growing. I also have endometriosis and they did a laparoscopy about 6 months after I had the leep. They found I had adhesions and my intestine had adhered to my uterus. That is why I now take the birth control pill to stop my periods completely because the bleeding every month causes the adhesions to get worse. My husband had a vasectomy about 11 years ago so I don't take the pill for birth control.

I don't tighten up right before an orgasm either I am totally relaxed and then the pain just starts but maybe it's more subliminal and I don't realize that I am tightening up. I'll have to pay closer attention next time.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:05 AM   #9

Flash13 HB User
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kari7171:
[B]How long have you had this problem? Did it happen only that once or does it happen each time? My pain goes away right after but it does not make it very desireable to have sex these days. I have a low labido anyways from taking the birth control pill and now having pain during sex isn't helping to increase my labido at all.

Hi Kari,
Sorry I didn't post right back. Anyway, I only had this problem once, then again it was the only time being sexually active since coming off Lupron. I am in no hurry to do it again after that!!! It was too painful. I didn't have pain during penatration, only crushing pain right after orgasam. I don't know what caused it, but I see the doc. next week so maybe he will have a clue?!

Closed Thread