It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
Post sex delay period?

will having sex the day before you get your period delay it at all??

Old 08-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
I believe that it's happened to me before. However, I've also heard that sex can lead to an early period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Sex often 'induces' your period, rather than delays it. If you're on birth control there is a way to 'skip' or delay your period, otherwise, you just have to deal with it.

Old 08-12-2003, 03:41 PM   #4

Naldoon HB User
Periods fluxuate all the time! Oddly enough, lets say your the first week of the month. And your best friend is in the middle. Many times womens periods will balance to the same day so you both have it at the same time. BELEIVE IT OR NOT! It is well known to see a monther and her three daugheters Fluxuate to make them have it all at the same time. Some being late or early.

however!!! GOOD NEWS!!
Sex on your period can make your period less cramp filled and painful. It can also cause less bleeding since the penis helps to break down the walls. So sex is very helpful. Also, sex with an actual person, not masterbation causes people to product more hormones boosting their immune system

BETTER NEWS!!!

Have a migraine? Have sex, it does releive. so don't always push your man off when you have a head ache

Old 08-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #5
Veteran

ladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB User
haha...naldoon... that happened to me.... when i was a teenager i shared a room with four other girls (foster home) and after a while we all had the same cycle to the day!

Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #6
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
All my co-workers are female. The only male at my workplace is my boss. WIth that said, my period has definately changed to coordinate with the others. How do I know this? My co-workers and I are all close friends, and when one is PMSing, we all are.

This also happened to me in college.

Sex doesn't always relieve migraines or headaches. It *can* for some, but it's definately not the rule.
Same goes for sex while on your period. It deosn't work that well for everyone. Some never feel those *benefits*.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:20 PM   #7
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
Im on the pill though, so my period doesn't fluxuate a lot at all... i can usually pin it to the day and w/in a 2-3 hour time frame.
Im supposed to get it tomorrow and had sex today and im wondering how that will effect it. I heard it can make it come late so i didn't want to go all day freaking out tomorrow cause i hadn't got it yet if it was just for that reason.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:24 PM   #8

Tyger HB User
Hey Ruffian,
I don't think sex delays a period. I'm on the pill as well, and ALWAYS start my placebos on Friday and get my period on the Sunday. Sometimes I won't have sex over that time, sometimes I'll be bonking right up until Sunday afternoon. Then it comes a few hours later as scheduled, no problems.
So no - I don't think sex delays it. Perhaps sometimes initiates it but only because you are active in that region and the blood is sort of 'encouraged' out maybe an hour or two faster.

And to whoever said sex relieves cramps and headaches, hail to that!!

Tyger.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I've never heard of that one, let alone experienced it. Sounds like an 'old wives tale' to me...

Old 08-13-2003, 06:06 AM   #10
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
It makes sense though, and it helps my boyfriend who gets frequent migranes. It takes his mind off them more than anything. It doens't always work, but it always at least makes them a bit better.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
More often than not, it does not relieve headaches for me. However, it has happened before, just not the norm in my personal experience.
For me it can be a guarantee to lighten my flow. More often than not, it helps with my cramping. I'm sure though, if they were really sever, sex wouldn't be considered, and I highly doubt it would relieve them in such a case.
So, yeah there are always stipulations here and there.
I think men just want to believe it, regardless of the truth, since it's so cliche for women to use that excuse. *shrug*

Closed Thread