It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #1

westside22 HB User
Post How do you tell a girl her vagina smells bad

I just started dating a new girl and we haven't had sex but I have touched her with my fingers and in all seriousness, my fingers came out smelling pretty bad. I have never experienced this before. I know she had showered right before she came over because she told me. When I opened the door and saw her she looked great and smelled great. I really like this girl but I will admit it was quite a turn off.
Is there some way to tell her without making her upset, this seems hard. Would it be crude to "accidently" run my finger under her nose?

Old 05-19-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
if you told me that I would smack you. thats not something you just tell someone even more so since you have just started seeing her. some women just smell not as good as others. i think I smell all the time my dh says its not true but to me I do I get very self concious about it and theres nothing wrong with me.
I dont really have any advice I guess but other than i wopuildnt bring it up it will either hurt her feelings and or make her mad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #3

westside22 HB User
I only posted this because it was definitely unlike anything I have experienced before. I have been with a number of women and this is an unusual case for me. I don't want this to be a reason that I stop dating her but the thought of performing oral sex on her is out the question unless something changes. It sounds harsh but I'm being honest.

Old 05-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #4
Inactive

Snazzy101 HB User
That's a tough one. I'm not sure how you could tell her without hurting her feelings, but if she had just showered, maybe she has an infection? I guess I'd want to know rather than have guys break up with me without an explanation.

Try to think if the situations were reversed and you smelled and didn't know it. How would you want the girl to proceed?

Old 05-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #5
(female)

gem2003 HB User
I can understand this...if I was with a guy that had bad hygiene I also wouldn't want to have oral sex with him...obviously your gf smells a lot stronger than is normal. Most girls know to wash and keep themselves clean so I am assuming she may have some kind of infection that needs to be treated (yeast or bacterial). This is a really delicate situation so no matter how you tell her she will be embarrassed...maybe wait and see if it happens again and if it does just tell her that you noticed she smells pretty strong and were worried about her...or suggest she goes for a check-up before you guys get more serious just to make sure everything is fine...it is true that some women do smell stronger than others and all women have a natural odor but it shouldnt be offensive or THAT strong.

Old 05-19-2003, 01:14 PM   #6

havingsumfun2266 HB User
Hey man,

I hav been where you are at and unless she is a very serious girlfriend or wife do not tell her at all!
You have to have that openess to tell her.
Here is what I reccommend you do. Go to an adult store and buy fragrant love oils that smell nice and make sure before you get busy to put some on her! It will take away the smell for sure.
It could be their diet or they need to douche.

Get the oil and use it, it will help alot!

Old 05-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #7
Inactive

LoveBug HB User
It may be what she eats, like if a girl (or a guy even) eats a lot of red meat or unhealthy foods i heard that could make their fluids not so tastey. Eating a lot of citrus fruits brings it to a neutral taste, but i don't know if that works for odor too. Haha, you probably wouldn't have to put your finger directly under her nose for her to get the point. I'm sure there are many subtle ways to get her to realize there something going on down there that needs to be delt with. I wish i could help you out more, i just know i would be mortified if soemoone cam right out and said "your coo has got the funk"

Old 05-19-2003, 02:07 PM   #8
(female)

gem2003 HB User
Eating fruits ect does help to make a man's semen taste sweeter and works the same way for a woman...it will not take away the odor from an infection or lack of hygiene...you might try the oils as the poster above suggested but that is only a temporary fix that will help to mask the problem. Personally, I would want to know rather than have my bf grimacing everytime I asked him to go down there!

Old 05-21-2003, 12:54 PM   #9

westside22 HB User
Thanks to those who responded and the advice. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do but I'm seeing the girl tonight. I will update you as to my situation for those interested.

Old 05-21-2003, 02:36 PM   #10
(female)

Carnival_Angel HB User
WoW thats a tough one. I know as a female I would be upset if a guy told me that I stink. The oils idea is a good one but it does not fix long term issues.

First I would try to figure out what the problem is. Although the girl showers maybe she is not in the ritual of using female wash, spray or douche. To find this out you could do the fallowing. Go to a regular store and go to the female hygene section. Find a wash with a fragrence that you could see your girl smelling like. This may be weird but it would be a great way to fix this without any issues. Bring up to the girl, that if shes already using feminine wash, that there is a certain scent that really turns you on. I could be wrong but she may just go out and get it.

If it continues then she may be cleaning properly but have an infection of some sort. And that, Im clueless on, sorry. I hope one of us have helped!

------------------
* ~ JeN JeN ~ *

Old 05-21-2003, 03:56 PM   #11
Inactive

Snazzy101 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Carnival_Angel:
Although the girl showers maybe she is not in the ritual of using female wash, spray or douche.
None of which anyone should be doing!

If you need any of those things because you stink, then get to the doctor to find out why. A normal healthy vagina does not smell foul after a shower.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #12
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I agree with Snazzy here. Any Gyno will tell you that douching is a BIG no-no. Messes up your ph and can actually cause infection. I have had to use a deoderant spray before, but that was while waiting for an infection to clear up. If she's practicing good hygiene down there, none of that should be necessary. She may need to get to a doctor for an infection.
Should you tell her? I don't think so. Especially since you haven't been seeing each other long. If someone told me that, I'd probably be mortified and never want to see them again. I'd just wait it out, because if she does have an infection, she'll get other symptoms and get it cleared up. If not, and you like her enough, you may just have to deal with it until you are comfortable enough with each other to discuss this kind of thing.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I'd advise against using the word "bad" if you have to tell her. There are probably more diplomatic ways of referring to it. Saying it's "strong" lets her know you can certainly smell it, but not that it necessarily stinks to you.

As for running your finger under her nose, that's an interesting option. If you did it in an extremely casual way, it could actually be a good idea IF she were usually odorless and may not be aware of her current status. It would let her know what's up (depending on how overtly you did it), and give her a change to take care of it. However, you make it sound like this might be how she smells all the time, in which case she's not likely to notice there's anything offensive about the smell. In other words, it might smell normal to her. And if you do it in any way that implies "here, smell this", that would be rude. And DO NOT buy her any feminine hygene products.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:26 PM   #14

Glenn K HB User
The problem could be that she is already over using "hygiene products" and messing up her body chemistry.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:35 AM   #15

Bubbly20 HB User
I dont know if im alone in thinking this but as a female...if she really does smell that strongly i suspect she knows already. i wouldnt be suprised if she doesnt let you perform oral sex on her as she's conscious of the smell herself. It could be that she knows she has a problem but is embarrassed to see a doctor about it...just a thought.

if its something that doesnt go away you could try getting in the bath or the shower with her, it shouldnt be so offensive that way

Closed Thread