It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2003, 10:46 AM   #1

campw HB User
Question Inverted Nipples

My girlfriend has inverted nipples and when we engage in forplay she doesn't enjoy me touching her breasts. Do inverted nipples give women breast pain or what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
I don't think it's painful. It might be more of a self-conscious thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Inactive

cutup HB User
Maybe it's your technique. Maybe you are being too rough. Ask her what feels good to her.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
Belle45

Quote:
Originally posted by campw:
My girlfriend has inverted nipples and when we engage in forplay she doesn't enjoy me touching her breasts. Do inverted nipples give women breast pain or what?
More than likely it is a sort of embarassment on her part. I have inverted nipples with one being more than the other. Meaning most of the time one looks normal and "behaves" and the other always retracts. I am 45 years old and to this day I STILL HAVE ISSUES with it and the way it looks.

Lets face it...do they EVER put pictures of us in Playboy, do men EVER fantasize over ugly retracted nipples versus perky nipples? Heck most of the male and female population do not know or ever heard of inverted nipples . I didn't even know how common it is or what the reason for the inversion is until I was in my 30's.

For me I just didn't feel "normal." I have small breasts so it would have been real easy for me to wear some of the braless fashions with the clingy shirts but NO couldn't do that cuz you'd look like a freak...one side looks all nice and perky and the other side looks like a crater. I never undressed in front of other girls and it was always a MAJOR apprenhension for me if I was going to be with a man for the first time. I have yet to be with a man who has ever heard of it or seen them before. Happily I can also say that I have yet to be with a male who did not appreciate them. Yikes, I could go on and on about how I feel about them (can you tell I have issues with them?)

I have no idea if this is true for all women with inverted nipples but I can give you some pointers on works for me and what doesn't.

You didn't say if your girlfriends nipples were always inverted or if they sometimes come out. Can she make them come out?

The nipple I have that always "hides" is the most sensitive one in regards to sexual pleasure. A man can't usually make that one come out with their fingers but let him suck on it and have it come out...OMG!!!
That is the quickest way to excite me A LOT. I had an uncircumcised friend tell me that he could relate to that feeling in the same sense that the head of his penis was sensitive like that because the foreskin always covered the head so it didn't get desensitized like an uncovered head (nipple) did. I never thought of it like that but it made perfect sense why that nipple was so super sensitive in a good way.

What does NOT feel good and hurts is if the nipple is retracted and you push on it. I don't have a clue if it's that way for all women but it is for me. Maybe your girlfriend is afraid you will hurt it like that. It could be that she has never had any experience with having a male suck on them to make them come out and she has no idea what she is missing. If she hasn't had any experience like that it could be because of embarrassment and lack of knowledge and does not know that it can be an area of pleasure. Of course there are different degrees of retraction and I could see where a severly retracted nipple may not come out even when sucked and could possibly be painful.

Since I don't know how hers are I can only give you suggestions and the things that work for me. If you and her are really close then I would suggest you ask her certain things or let her read my post. It sometimes helps to know you're not a freak and there are other people out there like you and to see what works/helps them.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be more than happy to reply.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #5

Tanyaa HB User
Why not get your gf to get her nipples pierced? I have mine done (although they were never inverted) but its common practice for women who have inverted ones. The piercing will bring the nipple up and no more inversion! Also the piercing does not interfere with any future breast feeding. Best of luck!

Old 09-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Belle45

Exclamation

Piercing is NOT a cure all for inverted nipples. In fact it could be quite painful all the time if you have severly inverted nipples.

The reason nipples invert is because the muscle or ligament (don't remember how they classify it)is contracted, or you could say in a permanant contracted state. If you pierce the nipple that does NOTHING for the muscle or ligament that is contracted and would still make the nipple want to "pull" back in which could be quite painful and even cause potential for a greater risk of infection.
If you only have a VERY mild inversion then that could be a doable thing.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
(female)

sixx788 HB User
If it really bothers you, you could always look for a plastic surgeon in your area. When I had my implants put in, I noticed that my doctor also corrects inverted nipples. Just a suggestion.

Old 10-04-2003, 06:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Some women can orgasm from having only their breasts and nipples aroused, while other women feel no pleasure or much sensation in that part of their body at all. You really need to ask her what it is, as it's either due to her feeling self conscious of her inverted nipples or she gets no great pleasure from having her nipples played with.

Closed Thread