It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #1

roklobster HB User
Question skin between anus and vagina is irritated

Hi there!

The patch of skin between my anus and vagina is itchy and irritated. But it isn't itchy and irritated all the time, which is why I haven't been to the ob/gyn yet. I have my yearly in Dec., so thought I could wait. Just curious if this could be serious, or if it's something as simple as changing my soap.

Thanks!

roklobster

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Next time it flares up, call your doctor and go in. It could be just an infection of some sorts, an allergy, or even herpes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2003, 07:29 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Soap should not be used in the vaginal area so if you are using soap there then that could be part of the problem. It could also be from certain toilet papers as some contain perfumes and dyes. Also be sure you underwear is 100% cotton. I know this has been said way too often but check the tag as many are not 100% cotton. When it flares up again you can use some hydrocortisone cream or yeast/athletes foot/jock itch cream in the area to relieve the itching.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #4

serenityelf HB User
sorry

[This message has been edited by serenityelf (edited 10-16-2003).]

Old 10-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #5

serenityelf HB User
That is very common with female athletes. It is usually the excess perspiration (sweat) that is making the skin itch and even chaf or chap..this is still part of your mucous membrane and quite delicate. Try showering immediately after exercise or heavy sweating. As a preventative, if you know you might be sweating through heat or exertion, you can use a small amount of zinc oxide. Also, after making love be sure to clean the dry the whole area carefully as you don't want this further irritating your skin. I also use a few drops of tea tree oil in a squeeze bottle to wash the area after heavily perspiring. It's also deodorizing and very refreshing.

Old 10-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #6

roklobster HB User
Smile

Thanks so much to everyone who responded. Much appreciated! And it does seem to only occur after exercise. Thanks again!

Old 10-17-2003, 06:43 AM   #7

SarahSue HB User
Question

I have this same problem. It has been going on for about 4 weeks! It's very annoying. I usually don't excercise, so I don't know why mine would be doing that. I have been putting bactine just on the skin area and it seems to help the itching, but the red slightly swollen area doesnt go away. It looks sort of like an ant bite.

Do you think this could be the same issue? I just have to change to 100% cotton undies?

Old 10-18-2003, 07:50 AM   #8

serenityelf HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by SarahSue:
I have this same problem. It has been going on for about 4 weeks! It's very annoying. I usually don't excercise, so I don't know why mine would be doing that. I have been putting bactine just on the skin area and it seems to help the itching, but the red slightly swollen area doesnt go away. It looks sort of like an ant bite.

Do you think this could be the same issue? I just have to change to 100% cotton undies?

Answer:

For sure change the undies; women sweat there whether they have heavy exercise or not. It's a closed area and doesn't breathe well, right? *s* Anyway, Bactin may not be the best idea because it kills normal bacteria which inhibits yeast growth. You might actually have some yeast irritation there..try some yeast creme and rub it in, gently, two or three times a day. Yeast can come from your anus and bother that area. You might also have to take acidopolis pills or eat yoghurt. Have you taken anti-biodics in the last year or so? Do you have IBS or have you had watery stool lately? That can irritate the area. I use the tea tree oil (a few drops in a water bottle); it works wonders. I also wipe the area carefully after BMs with unscented wipes rather than toliet paper. It's much more gentle and does a better job. Anything left behind even a trace of something or the TP can irritate the area. I had to learn how to handle these things when I had cancer as it gave me so many problems down there from almost l0 years. Now I'm free of all the problems as long as I pay really close attention to what I've learned. Also, well....my husband said he's never been with such a great smelling woman. Good for him.......better for me.

Good luck.

Closed Thread