It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2003, 03:24 PM   #1

Cool1 HB User
Smile woman-masterbate

Ok, I have a question. Is it ok for a young woman to masterbate? Like ages b/w 13-19. Does it have any effect later in life-like birth issues?? Please, answer with as much info as possible. thanks!

{do not give out any personal sexual experiences as a child on this thread, stick to the topic at hand which is effects later in life, thanks, bfl}

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 10-08-2003).]

Old 10-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #2

Satbast HB User
Sure, why not?

As long as she isn't doing it out in front of everyone, I don't see how its unhealthy. In fact, masterbating helps a woman to find out things about her body that she may never discover otherwise, and also tones her inner muscles. And strong muscles come in handy when you're having a baby later in life.

Oh, and it reduces stress! And if that can help a girl get through her stressfull teenage years, I don't see why she shouldn't do it. Worked for me, anyhow! Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2003, 04:04 PM   #3

sToLen_bRoKeN HB User
not only is it alright, it's also normal. there are always risks to everything, but the risks are very minimal. Infection is one, UTI or example. but as long as the woman (or lady) stays hygienic, it should be alright. don't go starting off with extreme stuff. start small.
hope this answered your question.
~bRoKeN

Old 10-07-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
Inactive

ilaugh@myself.why HB User
13??

Old 10-08-2003, 01:53 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User
13 is a very normal age to start masturbating. Nothing wrong with that. It was fun learning about my sexual side as I started blossoming. I learned a great deal about my body due to my masturbating which paid off when I became sexually active. I could tell my partners what I enjoyed. Now, I'm not saying that I think a 13 year old should be having sex at this point!
Honey, nothing is wrong with masturbating. Enjoy it.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
There is no "magic" number for when girls start masterbating. I was doing it well before 13 and it's a very natural thing. Just make sure you are somewhere private so you don't get disturbed by somebody accidently walking in you.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:52 PM   #7

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Exclamation

absolutely perfectly normal

Old 10-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
There is nothing wrong with that, it's normal. No better way to learn about your body!!

Old 10-09-2003, 02:32 PM   #9

sToLen_bRoKeN HB User
yeah, about what Audrey-B said, try to be sure no one walks in on you. Although it is a very normal thing, it's not quite something people admit out in the open. Well, as you discover yourself, and as you find more interesting ways to discover yourself, you're bound to be discovered at least once. =Ģ

it's funny, getting caught masturbating. lol. hope you never find out *how* funny. =)

Old 10-09-2003, 04:34 PM   #10
Inactive

Lollirot_UK HB User
If a young woman is mastrubating than it is fine, if it weren't then we wouldn't get the urge to do so and it wouldn't be so essential to womens sexual life to do so.

The only real health risk is infection from unclean hands or toys, or perhaps if it is done too much - by too much I mean all day every day to the point where everything else gets abandoned.

As long as you are staying healthy then it is great, learn all you can about your body through research, understanding and practice.

...and yes, make sure no one walks in on you, I have had that happen twice with my mum being in the same room as me masturbating, a case of me needing to do it and not being descreate enough - she pretended not to notice, but she must have known what I was doing, as natural as it is to masturbate doing it and having someone walking in on you, or doing it in public just isn't right.

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 10-10-2003).]

Old 10-10-2003, 05:15 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
It is absolutely normal and OK for someone between 13 and 19 to masturbate.

Masturbation serves as a much needed outlet for sexual tension for teenagers as well as for adults.
This is not only true for people who do not a partner with whom to have sex but also for people who have differing levels of sexual needs from what their partners have.

As others have said just make sure your hands or, if you decide to use a *****, are clean before you begin. Make sure you have privacy where you decide to masturbate and leave yourself enough time to relax and enjoy each of your masturbatory sessions. Let your imagination dwell on whatever arouses you at the time and enjoy!

Old 10-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #12

Cool1 HB User
Question

ok..so im glad masterbating is ok. but is it ok if u notice stuff coming out from the vagina? it's like white and gooeyish..does anyone know what im talking abt? and is that ok for it to b coming out sometimes?

Old 10-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User
That's just a normal vaginal discharge. As long as it doesn't have a terrible smell, and there's no itching, burning, or pain, you don't need to worry.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 AM   #14

stellanole HB User
SHOOT! i was youngwhen i discovered masturbation...shortly after DISCOVERING my dads hidden playboy magazines under his bed.

i have no idea how i figured out how to do...and for a LONG time didn't know what i was doing, but that it felt good!

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 10-20-2003).]

Old 10-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #15

Rosie20 HB User
I've always had a bad connotation about masterbating... is it really all that common? Are there people out there who don't masterbate? I've never done it before, and i feel really weird starting... I almost feel as if I should tough out my sexual frustratoin in honor of my next sexual partner! Is this normal? Should I abandon these thoughts and just give it a go? If I do-- how does one even get started?!

Closed Thread