It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 12:28 AM   #1

BATGIRL2000 HB User
Post TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE

I must start by saying that everytime i shave my vagina area i seem to get more infections ...for the last 2 months i have used clippers to clip the hairs down there and i have so far been to the gyn 3 times , once for a bladder infection and the other two were for i guess UTI's....I have now stoped shaving so far so good. So the question is to shave or not to shave???

BATGIRL~

Old 05-01-2003, 11:15 AM   #2

funchick HB User
Shaving has never caused me any infections or problems. Are you sure that being shaved is the culprit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 11:26 AM   #3

ButtMunch HB User
that's interesting i have shaved for many years now and never been infected or anything like that nothing besides ingrown hairs.
Are you sure that something else isn't causing this?
It just seems really odd.
Have you been feeling well?

------------------
Keep Smilin

Old 05-01-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Hey there Batgirl! It must be some wierd coincidence or something. I shave pretty much everything down there, and have never noticed a correlation between doing this and getting infections. I am very prone to yeast infections, but have been since way before I started shaving.

Old 05-01-2003, 01:54 PM   #5

catch03 HB User
well... if you think about it... hair generally keeps germs and things out of places. Your eyelashed keep dust and bugs and stuff from getting in your eyes, your eyebrows do the same thing. So maybe your hair down there protects things from running into your vagina. Shaving probably allows things to get in easier... so maybe this has something to do with it? I don't know... I shave too, but i haven't really had any problems. Hope you figure things out.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #6

BATGIRL2000 HB User
Well ....what can i say ...

I have stopped shaving and no problems since...So maybe shaving is sooooooo not for me Maybe it is truelike my friend j-lo from the block says (my friend jenn)not actually jennifer lopez ...shaving does not agree with everybody .I will try again shaving in a few weeks....keep you guys posted ! lol

BATGIRL~~~~~

Old 05-06-2003, 05:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
What do you use when you shave? Shaving type cream, soap etc etc? maybe one of these products is irritating you and causing a ph imbalance. I can't imagine the shaving to cause UTI's, but in my personal experiences if i so much as let soap or any other substance come in contact with me down there i'll end up with thrush like symptoms. That's why i stick to waxing!!

Old 05-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #8

BATGIRL2000 HB User
Dear audrey :

I use clippers, But maybe you are right .I am exposing myself to more stuff by shaving ,I have heard that the hairs help stop stuff from forming down there ..I don't know how true that is ...

BATGIRL~~~~~

Old 05-07-2003, 05:32 PM   #9

MICKEYGIRL HB User
okay shaving has nothing to do with a bladder infection..or UTI..if you were expierencing itching and redness I would understand..I have personally shaved for more than 10 years and have been fine except for the occasional pain in the *** infected hair...I defiently don't want my theme song to be "welcome to the jungle" Do you??
get the clippers out girl time to start mowing again.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:48 AM   #10

BATGIRL2000 HB User
DEAR MICKEYGIRL:

Welcome to the jungle????LOL.....THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY!! I don't know what to tell you , It is soooooooooo Welcome to the jungle down there ..lol But one of my girlfriends sugested to wax....WHAT DO YOU THINK????

BATGIRL~~~~~~

Old 05-08-2003, 11:55 AM   #11

MICKEYGIRL HB User
Waxing is defiently a great option and is actually the route I like to take. The pain you expierence is worth the longer period of time without having to worry about the hair.Your hair won't grow back so crazy either (atleast I think so).

Old 05-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #12

BATGIRL2000 HB User
Thanks for your advice MICKEYGIRL .
I will keep you posted!

BATGIRL~~~~~~

Old 10-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #13

sitygirl HB User
i have decided to shave and my friend got a terrible razor burn from shaving. how do i do this with out getting the burn???

Old 10-26-2003, 10:00 AM   #14

Cool1 HB User
I too wasn't sure to shave or not to shave. i have a lotta hair down there but is it ok to just leave it there? or just cut some off every once in a while? is it weird for a girl to be very hairy down there?

Old 10-26-2003, 10:24 AM   #15

sansman10 HB User
It's not weird for a girl to leave her pubic hair intact, not at all, it is a matter of personal preference. The recurring problem with shaving seem to be about the red bumps which is razor burn and ingrown hairs. In most people this condition goes away as the skin becomes accustomed to being shaved. Starting out is the worst because of the sensitivity down there, but as you continue to do it the skin gets used to shaving. As for regrowth issues, when you shave a hair off, it is cut off at its thickest point so when it grows back it looks like it is thicker than it originally was. Waxing takes it out at the root so when it regrows it is thinner and finer. Reducing the irritation associated with shaving can be done with good moistureizers after shaving, using a good razor with a fresh blade to shave with, and learning the hair growth direction and which way works best for you. As far as what guys like, if you are naked for a guy, he will like it, not too difficult to please.

Closed Thread