It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2003, 12:22 PM   #1

pamalanga HB User
Post Information on boils around vagina

I have read all the information on these "Bumps"/"Boils" in the vagina/armpits/thighs/breasts/back of neck etc. In most cases this is a condition called Hidradenitis Supperativa. There is a lot of information available on the net.

You will get all the information you need reagrdgin what it is, how it works and how to cope with it. Unfortunately there is no cure, you can only treat the symptoms. Most doctors do not understand this or have knowledge of this condition and it is worth printing out the info and taking it with you when requesting medicine. Do not be tempted to start long regimes of antibiotic therapy without reading these websites.

Good Luck.

P.s. It took me a long time to find this info so dont worry, help is at hand.

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 10-24-2003).]

Old 10-26-2003, 04:50 PM   #2

agmee HB User
Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 06:36 PM   #3

Huntress HB User
My older sister had this problem. I have noticed I also get them in my groin area. My sister got them worst under her arms. Does anyone know what this is caused from??

Old 10-26-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
Inactive

roni624 HB User
what exactly is a boil?

Old 10-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi, I have hidradentitis suppurtiva (HS). I've had it for 15 years but was diagnosed with it 3 years ago. It is a very painful disease and a very embarresing as well. There is no cure but hopefully we will find one soon. I get boils or what we call them on my support group "aliens" on my groin, stomach, thighs sometimes my ear and other places. I use tea tree oil, which seems to work good for me. I have actually been in remission for 2 months, since I've been on effexor for my anxiety. I feel that anxiety plays a part of my HS although, it isn't the cause. I am the only one in my family that has this. I am on a support group which I realize I can't name because of the rules, but it has been very helpful to me. I didn't realize there were so many people with this. I thought I was the only one.
I posted about a year ago on the suggestion board to have a forum on this disease. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer the best I can, as I am still learning about this my self. Becky

Old 10-27-2003, 07:55 PM   #6
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Becky....I am so sorry to hear you are suffering from this. I hope you do get better. I am not real sure what a boil is. I don't think I have ever had one but I am curious for my own knowledge to know what exactly is it and what does it look like. Thanks.-Roni

Old 10-28-2003, 08:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi Roni, Sorry I didn't answer your question. A boil is a red, imflamed lump that comes to a head, then it will usually burst open and pus and blood will usually drain out. There are times, however that a doctor may need to make it rupture because some may not burst on it's own. A boil is really painful and sometimes a secondary infection will occur which is caused cellulitis. If you get that you need to get to a doctor right away as the infection could pass through your blood stream. If you have cellulitis, there will be a red, puffy and warm ring around the boil. You will sometimes feel sick and may run a fever.
I'll usually mark the cellulitis and see if it spreads. Doctors will usually diagnose HS by the scars that these boils leave. HS leaves purplish looking scars. I get these because my sweat glands are blocked.
I hope you feel better and I hope I was some help to you.
Becky

Old 10-28-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi Roni, Sorry I miss read your post. I thought you said you thought you may have one. I'm not all here today!!(lol)
Becky

Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 AM   #9
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Becky...I had (according to my dr) a cyst not so close to the vaginal area but still down there. He had to drain it by putting me under local anesth. Could that be the same thing? I remember it being red and hurting but I do not remember a warm ring around it. Thanks for replying.-Roni

Old 10-28-2003, 05:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi Roni, It sounds like it was a boil. Cysts are not usually painful unless it's infected. I have a few cysts as well, but they never cause me any pain or problems. Boils, on the other hand are really painful until they come to a head. Once they drain the pain subsides drastically. I don't get cellulitis very often. I think I only had cellulitis 3 times in the 15 years I had this disease. If you have any more questions, I'll be here.
Becky

Old 10-28-2003, 07:15 PM   #11
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Thanks Becky.....I havea tiny scar where it was drained. It never formed a head but it was painful. My dr was just going to drain it in his office but I almost past out so we went the local anesth. route the next morning at the hospital.-Roni

Old 10-29-2003, 08:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Roni, Your welcome. I'll help if I can. I know what you mean about passing out. I had one in the middle of my chest years ago. It woke me up in the middle of the night with chest pains, My ex husband took me to the ER and the doctor went to cut it out, I didn't have anything to numb it because it was so infected, the doctor said the numbing medicine wouldn't work. As soon as he cut it my ex passed out. The nurses thought he would have to be seen.(LOL) The doctor said I would have problaby have died if I didn't go to the ER because the infection was spreading. Thank goodness I decided to go. My ex husband wasn't good about stuff like that. I'm glad my current husband is. Talk to you soon. Becky

Old 10-30-2003, 11:55 PM   #13

kixlonron89 HB User
Becky, my husband has a lump on his back. It isn't red nor does it hurt him. He hasn't seen a dr for it. Could it be a boil or a cyst?

Old 11-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi Kixlonron89, What your husband has sounds to me like it may be a cyst. I am not a doctor so I can't be postitive. I get boils and cysts. The cyst I get, looks like a lump under the skin, does not hurt and isn't red. I actually have more cysts than boils but I do get them both regularly. If he goes to a dermetologists, he will be able to cut it out. Boils are really painful, red and usually hot to touch. Note: A cyst could also be painful if it is infected. Being that it isn't painful, I would say it is a cyst. I hope I've helped you some. Please let me know how he does.
Becky

Closed Thread