It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2002, 02:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

maryett HB User
Lightbulb Constantly wet undies?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board.

My question is: how many others out there get the "normal" vaginal discharge every single day without fail and have constantly wet underpants to the point where they have to wear panty liners everyday? BTW this has been a constant since puberty nearly 20 years ago so it's not an infection or anything.

I know it's normal but it's driving me nuts. Has anyone else considered seeing a naturopath to get rid of or lessen the occurence, if so did it work, or have you even had an operation (my gyno told me you can have an operation for it by burning the cervical glands but it often comes back). Surely we can do something about this since some women don't even get any - which means it's normal but not always necessary? Maybe it's an excess fluid problem for some women? Just a thought.

Thanks for your sharing your experiences in advance

Chinchilla

Old 09-25-2002, 07:53 PM   #2

Sweety Pie HB User
actually i have that too...not quite as bad but i do seem to be wet all the time. at least thanks you i kno theres nothing wrong to me haha sorry i cant help you but at least your not alone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2002, 11:29 PM   #3

Fantaseee HB User
I usually get some discharge everyday, not to the point of wet pants tho, well unless im talking to my b/f! I think its a case of just keeping yrself fresh. for example i often go to the gym at lunchtime and i make sure i have a shower and put on a fresh pair of panties. Or else as you say use a panty liner and change it regularly.

It used to bother me but now i like the fact that i get wet easily, i am quite a horny person but imnnot sure thats the reason behind it. Its the whole 'were all different' line i think thats applicable here.

Old 09-27-2002, 01:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

maryett HB User
For me it doesn't have anything to do with being horny, I've probably got the lowest sex drive on the planet... My poor husband... But when we do eventually have sex I have to use lube! How wacky is that.

Old 09-27-2002, 07:45 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
If you are having enough discharge to keep you wet all day then I do think you should bring this to your doctors attention just to be sure there is nothing going on that needs to be treated. Many people have daily discharge but when it is excessive as in your case it should be checked out just to be safe.

Old 09-27-2002, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

maryett HB User
I have mentioned it to two gynos and my doctor and they all say it's normal. The last gyno I spoke to said there is an operation available to get rid of it. It seems like some women are in the same situation as me but I personally find it uncomfortable and annoying.

Old 10-09-2003, 08:46 PM   #7

wendy_24 HB User
chinchilla,

"For me it doesn't have anything to do with being horny,......but when we do eventually have sex I have to use lube! How wacky is that."

I have the same problem as well. I feel that I discharge more than most. I'm glad that I'm not alone. I also go dry midway through sex. You'd think I'd have a reserve of discharge!

Old 10-10-2003, 10:59 AM   #8

Corinna_H HB User
i was told many years ago by a district nurse/midwife that it was worse if you were a bit run down and that it was known as 'the whites' though I think it would be better called the wets! LOL!
It must be the wonb or cervix as it stopped dead when I had my hysterectomy, though I guess my health did improve, it was certainly not at once by any means.

Old 10-10-2003, 06:20 PM   #9
(female)

grlfrnd HB User
Lightbulb

Same problem here... I think I've been wearing panty liners everyday for the past 20+ years. I'm especially wet when I'm ovulating to the point where I change my liner mid-way thru the day. I was glad when Carefree came out with thong panty liners, tho.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:01 PM   #10
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Its totally normal for your panties to be damp all the time, i think everyones are. I know mine are. It's totally natural so im not sure why anyone would feel so uncomofortable and insecure about it that they'd wear panty lines. Learn to love your vagina and all that comes with it.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:56 PM   #11
Inactive

cutup HB User
Are you sure that you are not leaking urine? As you age the pelvic floor muscles weaken and you can leak small amounts of urine and not even realize that you've done it. Also if you've had your uterus removed your bladder may have dropped.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:04 PM   #12

Siatu HB User
I have the same problem with being wet on a daily basis, yet not being able to produce my natural lube during intercourse. I totally feel like something is wrong with me.

I'm so glad I'm not alone.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:46 PM   #13

sayyadina HB User
I have the same thing, but I am only a teen...and I seriously though i was a weirdo becasue of it, I am really relieved to see I am not!

Old 10-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #14

rachel1983 HB User
I have the same problem. I am wet all the time. My gyno said it is normal but could be the lack of good bacteria. I was on some medication for it( and it was some nasty stuff) for a week. Well it kinda slowwed it down but it didnt make it go away. Yes its annoying. Do you find that it smells... not bad, but not good either just a smell.. like possibly when your just sitting there you can smell it?

Old 10-31-2003, 01:55 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User
Does this discharge when dried have a yellowish appearance that can even leave a stain on your underwear?

Closed Thread