It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 07:06 PM   #1

gLo88280 HB User
Post burning sensation after sex

lately, after sex i feel a burning sensation for a little while after. it also burns when i urinate after sex. is this normal? or could it be a problem? i have been on yasmin bcp for about 4 months.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:46 PM   #2

Goofy45 HB User
Wink

Well, is your man big in size?? I know if you guys are having hard intercourse. That will make you burn when you are urinating and you feel like you are swallon down there. I know that happens to me sometimes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
I have this problem also and I am not on any birth control meds. I think it is just that we get a little dry inside and rubbed raw a little bit and then that causes us to burn a little. I think a little lubrication would probably help if it is to bothersome.

Old 05-30-2003, 08:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
You could possibly have a yeast infection. Birth control pills can cause them. When I have had one in the past it burns like fire after having sex from the semen being inside me. It also burns when I try to pee right after sex if I have a yeast infection. I would go to your doctor and get tested. Or you could just try using Monistat and see if that gets rid of it.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #5
Inactive

Toobusy HB User
Which pill are you on? Those that have a higher progestin in them can cause vaginal burning. Mircette, LoEstrin are two of them. All progestin like Depo Provera or any mini pill also can cause vaginal burning (the progestin keeps the estrogen from getting to the vulvar area. Then you dry out).

Old 06-07-2003, 09:04 PM   #6
(female)

ce HB User
it only burns for me after i have unprotected sex. i'm thinking that it probaby has something to do with urine and the sperm interacting as it drips out (yes i know they come from 2 seperate holes) or naybe it's the friction.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
Is this just a b/f? If so maybe you should consider getting an std work up. It's probably nothing, but why take a chance!!

Old 06-08-2003, 11:57 AM   #8
(female)

ce HB User
yes, just a bf...the only person i have had sex with ever... i am 19.

Old 06-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
Are you the only person he has had sex with? If there is not a doubt in your mind, then I would say it's nothing, but reality is...men cheat (as well as women). If this is something your not concerned with then please ignore this response, but if it's possible for him to be sleeping with someone else get a full work up!!

I am not posting this to offend you or make any judgement. I just want you to be aware of the facts and I know you are not a child so I know you understand

Old 06-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User
I had the same problem down there... I was on bc for awhile, just stopped, and had some problems with dryness.

what kind of condoms do you use, when you use them? do you think some types might cause you do feel irritated afterwards? i dont know what to say about that, because we dont use condoms, but it could be the skin to skin friction?

i would try some lubrication, like someone else said. my bf and i use it now and i dont have that problem anymore. and when we dont use it, i can tell!!

Old 06-08-2003, 06:26 PM   #11
(female)

ce HB User
i'm not his 1st... i am his 4th... he's been tested, so i am not too worried... but i am going to get all checked out soon. it's about time, we have been having sex for 4 months... and im still not on birth control... but that will change soon. i also dont want to sound like we have alot of unprotected sex...we will like once or twice a month when i think its safe... i know its still not a good idea though. at first, we used some kind of trojan condon with nonoxynol 9 in it which is spermicidal lubricant...caused a yeast infection and ive been ok since we switched to some other trojan brand without it.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:00 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
I have heard that it is possible to be allergic to a mans semen. So if it only happens after unprotected sex that is a possibility. Or you could just be sensitive to his semen because you are not normally exposed to it because you normally use condoms.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #13

no_end_to_endometriosis HB User
Hi just a note to let you know that if you did not get treated for your yeast infection properly or did not finish the OTC meds you may still have the fungus inside your vagina even if you have no out-ward signs of infection. You can also pass a yeast infection on to your BF as a result of having unprotected sex while infected. You two will eventually just keep passing it back and forth to one another. Also OTC spermicides sometimes cause itching and vulvar irrition. Friction from sex causes the lining of your vaginal walls to break down and become dry which in turn will cause an intching and burning sensation. Also, upon entry into the vagina the penis rubs on the urethra opening which will definitely make you burn when you micterate (pee) after intercourse. However, sounds like a dry problem. Lube er' up BABY! Try to avoid el' natural lubes such as SPIT, your mouth is swarming with bacteria and syliva can cause you to become even dryer, as syliva from your mouth is used to break down food for digestion it will also break down vaginal secretions which will cause irritaion.. The vagina is very acidic place, and usually kills most of a mans ejaculate. Yet you probably never thought that your BFs diet would directly affect you. It does and that might be your prob as well. Your are what you eat so to speak, find out what he eats. Yet you sound pretty normal. I have the same issue after sex with my husband from time to time, especially if we go a while without. Does your burning sensation only happen directly after intercourse? If you experience burning at other times when you have not engaged in sex with you BF you might have a Bladder infection, (more of a stinging burning sensation). Last but not least, some women develop an alergy to Latex. Just to rule out the bad have a pap done and tell your Dr. of the problems you are experiencing post intercourse. Your Dr. will be able to tell you if you still have a yeast infection just by taking a looksee. And rule out other possibles in the interim. Hope this helps...

[This message has been edited by no_end_to_endometriosis (edited 06-12-2003).]

[This message has been edited by no_end_to_endometriosis (edited 06-12-2003).]

Old 06-12-2003, 06:19 PM   #14

Qtpie23_y2k1 HB User
Yes, I've had the same reaction while on birth control.. Which was the only time I let my partner ejaculate in me of course.. I figured it was due to sensitivity of a foreign subtance in my body (his semen) not necesarily the cause of birth control.. IT seemed to do it more at the beginning of us having unprotected sex, because I remember that not happening much after a while as it did initially..

Old 06-29-2003, 12:58 PM   #15

countrymom HB User
I get this and I thought it was from the rubbing and friction. I start out tight and I think it gets a bit raw. Put some semen or urine on it and you will burn.

Closed Thread