It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #1

Adele HB User
Post shaving pubic hair

what are the successful methods for shaving pubic hair? My head and pubic hair is thin but I'm afraid if I shave the pubic hair with a regular razor it will grow back coarser. Any suggestions?

Old 10-19-2002, 05:48 PM   #2
Blue4U2

I shave but I do not think the hair grows in more course. But I do not really let it get very long before I shave again.

You may use coco butter to prevent your skin from toughening from more exposure so that you do not get ingrown hair.

Blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2002, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

Sehsun HB User
I don't think shaving pubic hair makes it grow in any different....but it will be itchy when it does grow back in.

Old 10-21-2002, 10:52 PM   #4
Inactive

Karla HB User
I used to shaved my hair years ago and it has never gotten corse or changed in texture.

Old 10-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User
I have been shaving for about 7 years now...and I noticed that if I dont shave...it is thicker. And talk about itchy. I am telling ya'll I could braid it. LOL

Sinnrah

------------------
This is only my Opinion

Old 10-22-2002, 02:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
I've been shaving for a while now....I just feel better when I do, for some reason. The only problem that I have with it is sometimes I get an ingrown hair or two. The itchiness doesn't even seem to be that bad anymore. I don't think it's any thicker when it starts growing back....maybe a little, but not too much, for me anyway.

[This message has been edited by tcb0609 (edited 10-22-2002).]

Old 11-03-2002, 04:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
I am older and fail to understand the benefits of "shaving". Would someone please tell me. I thought hair was intended to help the electrical sparks between partners. Why change the way God mad us. There must be a reason He gave us hair in that area.

When having babies, shaving was done for same reasons they shave before surgeries. I could not stand the *****ley feeling when it started growing out.

Marie

Old 11-04-2002, 10:24 AM   #8

Adele HB User
I shave because I have 2 week heavy periods and it helps with trying to stay clean. It has nothing to do with how it looks or anything like that. I'd gladly stopped shaving if I'd stop bleeding but there's no solution to that for my particular situation.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:19 PM   #9

metallichik HB User
Smile

this may be a stupid question, but how do you get the straight line?. i've also thought about little designs, like a heart or something. is there a simpler way than...um, "freehand"?

Old 01-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #10

glitterkitty HB User
Question

Ok.. Stupid sounding question coming...

Is it OK to use Nair or hair removal creams in the vaginal area??? The chemicals and all have me questioning it.

Thanks

Old 01-11-2003, 06:44 AM   #11
Inactive

Merrida HB User
You can use a stencil if you want to create designs, and they make razors that are very small and narrow (often used for eyebrows) and it's easier to control than the regular, wide razor. Make sure you take a bath first or soak a hot washcloth -- you'll get fewer snags and nicks that way.

The first time I shaved the regrowth drove me so insane I ripped myself up scratching it (even in my sleep). However, I don't get ANY of that anymore. In fact, I can barely even feel the regrowth except sometimes around my labia. But overall you really do adjust to the regrowth and it isn't a problem.

I used to get severe ingrowns at first, but again, the more you work to maintain it, even if you do let it grow out again, you won't feel anywhere near the discomfort you feel at the beginning.

I would not use any chemical products on the labia and in fact right on the label they tell you not to.
They're safe to use on the bikini line area, and above your pubic bone but not on the softer tissues.

Have your husband or boyfriend help you and do it for you, -- you turn it into a fun filled sharing experience for both.

Old 09-15-2003, 04:26 PM   #12

tabbykat912 HB User
Question

i have a stupid question.........i have never shaved in the pubic area.....is there any harm in shaving down there? could it cause any problems....is it bad to do so?

Old 09-16-2003, 08:57 PM   #13
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
Marie - too funny! But seriously, I don't think God really cares if I shave my pubic hair! At least I hope he is spending his time on world peace, or something more important.

Anyway, use shaving cream, not just soap and water. Get some Bikini Zone or Tend Skin to calm the area afterwards. I find it best to do it after I've been in the shower for a while, the hair is softer. Also, I apply a shave minimizing lotion (Jergans) when I get out of the shower - it helps the hair to grow back slower. Hope that helps.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:49 PM   #14

confusedme HB User
I just use shaving cream and a dull razor and it works for me, not itchyness or nadda.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #15

MiffyBunny HB User
Can I use any shaving cream, like the ones from Gillete for legs and armpits?

I shave the sides and yesterday shaved the lower half so that it's cleaner when I am on period and after toilet.
I shaved with the conditioner because I didnt have any shaving cream and I read somewhere about using conditioners for shaving.

I am considering waxing the sided because the hair there grows too fast, even when I shave daily even though the last time I tried I made a total disaster in the kitchen and there was a lot of screaming, cursing and pain

Closed Thread