It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2003, 06:20 AM   #1

fairybug HB User
Unhappy !!Bump on Vigina PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Hi,

I need help ASAP, a couple of months ago I noticed a bump right near the opening of my vigina. It doesn't hurt and its the same color as "the rest of me".

How long do symptoms of STD's take to show up? Or what could this be? I've been with my b/f for 6 months now and there hasn't been any signs of anything... What could this be? PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks

-thats mE

Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
Inactive

bernard69 HB User
hello how are you I'm a male but std's will show signs in 2-10 days starting with burning during peeing but that's out if you been with him for 6 months but it could just be a mold if it's the same color as the rest of your private area does it hurt? when you walk or when you squeeze it my guess would be a hair bump the best and cheapest way to find out is lay on the bed get a mirror and look closely at the bump and see if there's a peice of hair sticking out of it if so get some tweezers and pull it out and in a couple of day well they next day it will go down a little bit you can also put a mirror on the bathroom sink and do the same thing but you will need a lamp to put light down there to see clearly good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard69
std's will show signs in 2-10 days starting with burning during peeing
This is wrong! It is very possible to be infected with an STD and not show any symptoms for months or even years, and not all STD's will cause burning during urination. I would go to your doctor and get checked for HPV (genital warts). Sometimes HPV will take years for the symptoms to show, sometimes they can show after a few weeks. It is possible for someone to carry an STD, have no symptoms, and pass it to someone else who starts showing symptoms before the infecting partner does. Clamydia can be present with absolutely no symptoms, until it has caused damage to your cervix that is picked up on a PAP smear, and can cause infertility if left untreated. Herpes can lie dormant for weeks, months, or even years too. Molluscum Contagium often takes a couple months after initial infection for the bumps to appear. Please be safe. If you are sexually active, regular STD testing is a must, even if you are not having symptoms.

Old 11-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #4
Inactive

DoveTail HB User
hi fairbug,
the best you can do is ask to your doctor, ideally one specilized in veneral, or gyno deceases. You can have just a simple genital wart or an adipous bump.

Many of this things you find in your body, does not correspond to sicknes or STDs, are just thing you have in your body and did'nt notice before. For sure check with your doctor, and don't panic until you get an answer

Old 11-10-2003, 07:54 PM   #5

fairybug HB User
Hi Everyone, thanks for your replies, Anyone else?

The bump doesn't hurt, its the same color as everything else down there. I haven't ever had sex without a condom up untill my b/f now. I think there might have been once but I doubt it, that was something I always made sure of. So I am not sure....

There isn't any burning or itching or anything, and my b/f noticed it last night and said it had noticed it once but I guess he just noticed it again last night.

I dont know... I am trying to my a gyno appointmen but if anyone else has any imput please feel free! Thanks again!!

-thats mE

Old 11-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
(female)

intheforest HB User
hmm...could be a cyst? i dont know though, the best thing to do would be to ask your doc for sure. Good luck

Closed Thread