It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2003, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

crimsonrose HB User
Diagnosed with an STD, while a virgin!

Hi~ This is going to sound completely weird. When I was in the 9th or 10th grade.. I started experiencing a weird symptom. I had this discharge. This glob of whitish snot looking material would come out of my vagina everyday. It was a regular occurrence. It didn't have any smell, and it was totally white and mucus like. I lived with this for a very long while before I decided to seek help. My mother made an appointment with a gyno and I went in for a checkup. At first I had this midwife lady and she diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis. I was given Flagyl to treat this infection. I took the medication but the symptom still persisted. I just kept quiet due to embarrassment, but finally I couldn't take it anymore. I called the doctor again and this time I saw the actual gynecologist. He examined me and looked at my discharge under a microscope. At first he confirmed everything was normal. But then he noticed something odd. He said I had Trichomoniasis. I was shocked. This was a sexually transmitted disease! I had never had sex or done anything remotely sexual in my life! The furthest I went was kissing! He persisted to ask me about my sexual history. I was being accused of something I didn't do. I thought the only way to get something like this if not sexual was to share wet towels. He said, "Yes, that is correct." The funny thing is, I never did that. He prescribed a strong dose of medication and the symptoms let up.

I am 18 years old now, and earlier this year I went to planned parenthood to get birth control. They examined me to check for infections and I was found clean. I asked the doctor woman about the past trich problem. She said there is really no other way to get the infection without being sexually active. She avoided my question in a way too.

I checked the symptoms for trich when i was diagnosed a few years ago, and they didn't match mine really. I didn't have green or yellow discharge, bad smell, or burning.

Occasionally, at this point in my life.. I have a little whitish mucus discharge during different times in my menstrual cycle. I assume this is normal. My theory on the whole thing is that back in the day, I had a VERY mild case of trich which showed no symptoms. And the discharge was due to some out of whack problem with my cervix? like perhaps it was producing too much mucus? Is this even possible?

And another thing I need to know.. how is possible to catch trich without being sexual active? This question still boggles me. I just don't understand. If I can catch this disease without being sexual active it scares me to think what else I could catch!!!!!! This may sound really ignorant, but if I caught an STD without sex, could I have something worse from it too, for example HIV?

I'm sorry for being ignorant and please forgive me if I offended anyone... I just need to know this information. Thank you for your time. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Diagnosed with an STD, while a virgin!

You may be that one in ten thousand or a million times that catch it via a toilet seat, swimming pool, etc. I doubt you will ever know for sure how you got it.

Old 12-28-2003, 05:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User

Thats true, its definately possible to catch it in those ways as Magnetic said. Some people think its totally impossible and dont go to any extent to try and protect themselves.( like not sitting on a public toilet seat ) because they dont think it could happen to them. I personally dont like to sit on a seat that someone else has probably dribbled on or something but thats just me.
Maybe there are other ways to catch it other than being secually active that they dont know about yet. But as said above you may not ever know how you got it.

Old 12-28-2003, 05:45 PM   #4
Veteran

strand3d HB User

To me it sounds like a total misdignosis. You should never accept a serious dignoisis without having it doublechecked by at least one other doctor, so don't believe it just because a doctor tells you. I bet it was a yeast infection, or what your first doctor said it was. As long as all your STD tests are now coming out clean, dont worry about it.

Old 12-29-2003, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

crimsonrose HB User

Thank you again for your replies. I guess I will never know where it came from, but to this day I never sit on a public toilet seat either. I once heard from someone that well water sometimes contains the parasite that causes trich. I'm not sure if this information is true, but I do have well water.. so who knows. I'm just glad my tests are coming out clean now.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

If he saw it under a microscope, then that's what it was.

I bet well water or someone's hot tub or something had something to do with it.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:29 AM   #7
(female)

lilamae_0204 HB User
HI:
I can in many ways relate to how you feel. I am 41 yrs old and have been sexually active with 3 men in my entire life. I was DX with Trich a few weeks ago. I am in the 2nd year of my 2nd marriage to a man i love so very much.
BUT< due to Trich " in which i have no idea how i got!! i have only been sexually active with my hisband in over 7yrs. He tested Neg. for it. SO, you can imagine what he thinks. and he has everyright to. we were in a heated conversation and he told me if i would tell hm who i had been with we would work through it. SO< loving him as i do, THINKING IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE LOVE WE HAD. I made up a story and told him as to how i could have gotten Trich.Now from stupidity, and being so lost and confused as it was, i am loosing the only man i have ever loved. i don't know where to turn or what to do. I have no reason for having this. I am slowly loosong my mind trying to figure out how i got it. I have called CDC in Atlanta, searched every where.. right down to my Cat!!! lol.

I was in a previous marriage and the physical and mental abuse was unreal.
and now that i finally found someone i love and he DID loive me. Trich has destroyed my life and his also. I cannot figure it out....
I would never be unfaithful to him. i love him so.
please if you have any info. on Trich. and others ways to get it. my personal e-mail is.
[ deleted]
I have been through so much in the last 3yrs. i can't bare the thought of loosing him. I was diagnosed with Bacterial menn., MRSA, and non-actice TB al in my spinal cord. What is god trying to do to me. I can't take anymore..
please help if you have any info. or know as to where i can find any
I was within 2 weeks of loosing my life when he got me to the Mayo Clinic in J-ville Fla... I had rather lost mine than to loose him .. because without him . i have no life..

dieing inside
lilamae

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-20-2005 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Posting off-board contact information is not allowed.

Closed Thread