It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 10:36 PM   #1

Flower_03 HB User
Do women's nipples always stick out?

Hi, i was wondering if women's nipples always stick out and look erect. In magazines and on tv, womens nipples are ALWAYS erect. Mine are usually flat normally and can't be felt through clothes.
They only stick out if they are cold or are stimulated. Its kinda embarrassing when my b/f goes to touch them--cos the nipplies are flat and it takes a while for him to be able to feel them. I have heard of inverted nipples (that stick inwards)- but mine aren't like that.
Is it normal for nipples to not ALWAYS stick out?

Old 02-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Mine are pretty much like yours: they only stick out when they're cold or stimulated. And this is pretty much how they are supposed to behave. Don't be fooled by what you see on tv, or in ads, etc.

There's been a real change is people's attituted towards erect nipples, once upon a time it was a no-no to show them, now even manequins have them. So of course, everybody's supposed to have them now. You can actually get inserts for your bra that are fake erect nipples (either with or without extra breast padding). sheesh...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Do women's nipples always stick out?

The only reason womens nipples stick out on tv is they are doing something to make them that way for dramatic effect on tv and in movies. A normal womans nipples are flat until they are made to be erect by cold or other forms of stimulation.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

My nipples were like yours also. Only stuck out when I was cold. Now that I have a baby though, no matter what, they are always sticking out. Not sure why, but yeah. Also, in magazines they sometimes use "fake nipples". Don't know why!

Angela

Old 02-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #5

MamaGirl HB User

Same here...only when cold or stimulated. When I'm pregnant they always stick out though!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

They are not supposed to "stick out" all the time, pretty much only when they are aroused or cold. You know, I have red that Jennifer Lopez has an assistant that has included in his/her (I can't remember if the article said it was a male or female) duties "tweeking" her nipples...like for photo shoots and such. Hehe, I don't know if this is actually true of not, but I think I read in a magazine like People or US.

Old 02-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User

Yeah, like others said, nipples aren't supposed to stick out constantly. Men's nipples are the same way, but they also are often manipulated (like with ice or something) for shirtless photo shoots.

Old 02-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #8

super fluke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastated
They are not supposed to "stick out" all the time, pretty much only when they are aroused or cold. You know, I have red that Jennifer Lopez has an assistant that has included in his/her (I can't remember if the article said it was a male or female) duties "tweeking" her nipples...like for photo shoots and such. Hehe, I don't know if this is actually true of not, but I think I read in a magazine like People or US.
i've actually got a picture of J Lo getting her nipples tweaked by her assistant! haha, it's hilarious.

Closed Thread