It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

curiosity HB User
Angry Where's the help around here. I have disgusting questions! Help!

Ok, I've got lots of questions! I'd really appreciate if someone would answer my thread...these questions are embarassing but worth asking.

My question #1/2 involves smells!
I know your vagina is supposed to smell, but wow, I get some strong odors! One kina smells like...uh...armpits teehee....sometimes its so strong i can smell it while going to the bathroom. The smells goes for quite a while after showering, etc. I have good hygiene, but why do I smell so strong? Is there anything I can do to prevent such smells?

I noticed that when I get hott or sweat, my breasts develop an armpitty smell too...thats when I have to wash my bras. It's embarassing because when making out with a hott senior, he decided to put his mouth on my breasts and i could smell and taste it when he kissed me after that.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-29-2004 at 06:57 PM. Reason: difficult to read

Old 03-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

curiosity HB User
Re: I'm young...curious...someone help! -sigh- Smells...

I also need to know if it's normal to have small bumps on your lips[vaginal] (mine are like on the inside, when i spread my lips) they dont itch or hurt or anything...theyre just there...i asked my mom if it was normal..she said yeah, that she had em too....but is it? I'm pretty sure I don't have an STD, so what could it be? They kinda seem like pimples...i can squeeze them and a super small spot of white stuff comes out, hehe. Ah...embarassing...

Last edited by curiosity; 03-29-2004 at 06:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
(female)

curiosity HB User

Dude...i posted this yesterday...now im home from school...still no answer to my thread....ha this place is useless.

Old 03-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Ok I'll take a stab at it.

It's normal for the vagina to have some odor.....but it shouldn't be so strong that it's overwhelmingly unpleasent. I guess I'd suggest if it's that bad definately get checked to see if you have an infection. Also I believe wearing cotton underware allows you to breathe and cuts back on the smell.

are you sure it's your breasts that smell and not your actual armpits? I believe that your diet can affect the way sweat smells so you might want to examine what you've been eating.

As for the lumps...hmm can't quite say that I've got lumps...let alone ones that leak a white substance....

Old 03-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
Veteran

JLKH HB User

Do you shave down there? If so then the little bumps could just be shaving induced pimples or ingrown hairs. I get those from time to time, nothing to worry about.

As for the other stuff. Cottan undies, deodorant, bathing daily, baby powder. Otherwise a trip to your OBGYN.

OH and don't freak so easily about people not posting responses to your questions just keep asking.

Old 04-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #6

sarah1000 HB User

Be careful with the powder though on your genitals - NO TALC!! It has been linked to ovarian cancer. This is not a scare, it's true, they believe cornstarch based powders are safe. I used to use talc until I read about the risk in some magazine.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User

I think the odor you are describing is probably coming from the skin where the crease in your leg is or around your vagina, maybe not your actual vagina. I get this after sweating for awhile--I get it under my breasts too. Anywhere there is a skin fold I think the area is susceptible to this. I use powder and that really helps. I didn't know talc is bad though, that is scary. I don't actually put the powder on my genitals though, because that hurts and can probably cause infection. Just try putting it under your breasts and anywhere else that sweats a lot. Good luck!

Old 04-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #8

journalistic HB User
Re: Where's the help around here. I have disgusting questions! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity
Ok, I've got lots of questions! I'd really appreciate if someone would answer my thread...these questions are embarassing but worth asking.

My question #1/2 involves smells!
I know your vagina is supposed to smell, but wow, I get some strong odors! One kina smells like...uh...armpits teehee....sometimes its so strong i can smell it while going to the bathroom. The smells goes for quite a while after showering, etc. I have good hygiene, but why do I smell so strong? Is there anything I can do to prevent such smells?

I noticed that when I get hott or sweat, my breasts develop an armpitty smell too...thats when I have to wash my bras. It's embarassing because when making out with a hott senior, he decided to put his mouth on my breasts and i could smell and taste it when he kissed me after that.
As for the smell that just won't go away -- I had the same problem. I looked it up on the internet and my symptoms most matched Bacterial Vaginosis. I made an appointment with the gynocologist and that is indeed what I had, so she gave me medication for it. I only have to take it for 7 days.

As for the lumps, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry...

Old 04-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
(female)

curiosity HB User

thanks alot for the answers! theyve helped me a little! see i didnt know about the cotton undies thingy! i use baby powder too from time to time, im just nervous that whoever is the first person i have sex with is going to be grossed out...

Old 04-04-2004, 08:09 AM   #10

Malificent HB User

DEFINITELY DON'T use talc!!! That IS true! Maybe it has to do with the way you wipe after you pee... I don't know... Just make sure you get all the pee outta there next time...

Old 04-04-2004, 09:23 AM   #11
(female)

Verucalise HB User

Certain times of the month can generate some odor, but if it is noticeable most of the time, it could be an infection. Try using pantiliners, they absorb some odors. Try douching also. But, if you haven't seen the OBGYN and you are sexually active, go. I'm 22, and I remember how nervous I was when I first went, but now it's nothing new. I have big breasts, so I sometimes sweat beneath them. It doesn't create an odor, but make sure you wash thoroughly beneath yours if you are larger chested. Certain foods you eat can change the way you smell (and to men) taste down there. It's been proven that pineapple juice and ginger snaps are a plus to eat for that kind of thing, so if you want to try... If you notice your armpits get an "aroma" I had the same problem, just the wrong deodorant. I use Dove, and it works wonderful! Experiment with different soaps, some could be irritating to your vagina. Hope I helped :-)

Last edited by Verucalise; 04-04-2004 at 09:24 AM.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:55 PM   #12

pinkie1234 HB User

the best way i found to get rid of smell is to shave it all off. they also have different products to try like duche and femmine sprays.

as for the bumps did you try switching soaps? try a mild soap like dove or a baby wash. or try not putting soap between the lips just stand in the shower and let the water run over it for a few mins. (do wash the outside though)

is there a discharge? sometimes yeast infections can be a bit smelly i defanatly recomend you going to the doctor to get that checked out.

Closed Thread